V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Why V6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Ace_2000
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Why V6?

Ooops! Sorry! I didn't see this before I posted my thread about why a V6. I didn't mean to steal your thunder.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:21 AM
toplesspony420
I ♥ Acer

No idiot, Mustang's are, have always been, and always will be considered "Muscle Cars." I quote from a dictionary "is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles.[1][2] The term principally refers to American, Australian and to a lesser extent South African models. It generally describes a 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size car with a large, powerful V8 engine, and at an affordable price." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car) I included a link so that you could read up about muscle car's, as Im sure you don't know what your talking about with your V6er. Generally speaking a muscle car is known as an American sports car with a V8. It doesn't have to be a Corvette or a Viper to be a muscle car....and you wanna talk about the terminator.....oh no! So because a car comes stock with a blower its not a muscle car "in your book" do you not know that a good amount of people that own muscle car's throw blowers on them....from the 60's to even right now, so WTF are you talking about....you just honestly sound dumb. I'd love to teach you more about muscle car's if you want to find out just P.M me
Old 07-19-2008, 12:07 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: toplesspony420

No idiot, Mustang's are, have always been, and always will be considered "Muscle Cars." I quote from a dictionary "is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles.[1][2] The term principally refers to American, Australian and to a lesser extent South African models. It generally describes a 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size car with a large, powerful V8 engine, and at an affordable price." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car) I included a link so that you could read up about muscle car's, as Im sure you don't know what your talking about with your V6er. Generally speaking a muscle car is known as an American sports car with a V8. It doesn't have to be a Corvette or a Viper to be a muscle car....and you wanna talk about the terminator.....oh no! So because a car comes stock with a blower its not a muscle car "in your book" do you not know that a good amount of people that own muscle car's throw blowers on them....from the 60's to even right now, so WTF are you talking about....you just honestly sound dumb. I'd love to teach you more about muscle car's if you want to find out just P.M me
Teh wikipedia knoez all!11!!!!!!one!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:51 PM
mcfarway
2nd Gear Member

I have modded several 5.0 Mustang/Capri/t-Birds and have had just as much fun with my current v6 as with the earlier v8 ... you can always go faster (it just takes investment of time, sweat, blood & $$$). Ihave to say the 99-up v6 (base) model Mustang is a good canvas ... the GT is an option package, after all.My reasons for purchasing oneare:

1) Plentiful (you can find them anywhere)
2) Affordable (less expensive to purchase than the v8)
3) Easily modded (just look around the forums, you can transform it into whatever you desire)
4) Inexpensive to own/operate (from gas mileage to insurance & maintenance, the v6 Mustang is a good, reliable package)

Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 PM
duff daddy

i dont own a v6 stang but i did have the chance to own several 6cyl cars from a 93 z24, 99 grand am gt, and a jeep liberty, i enjoyed driving all of them but unelss i had a perfcectly mint gt/or cobra and i could find the twin to it in a 6cyl that would be the only reason for me to buy one
Old 07-19-2008, 06:57 PM
my94pony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwyates4

ORIGINAL: my94pony
one day ill get a gt but probably a cheap fox body and keep my v6 for a dd
I thought you were already doing that...?
the fox in my sig is a father/son thing between me and my dad, one day ill get a cheap fox body thats just mine so i decide what goes into it cause my dad likes bringing it back to stock and well, i like modding it
Old 07-19-2008, 07:24 PM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't call the mustang gt a muscle car, even if following the wiki definition. It says "large, powerful engine." I wouldn't consider any of the mustang gt engines to be large, or very powerful. Some of the higher level mustangs (cobra, gt500, etc.) got the powerful part right, but its still not "large."

Of course, large engines are fading out now. Besides the viper and corvette, there aren't any big engined sports cars made in America today.

The mustang isjust an entry level sports car, thats all.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:09 PM
toplesspony420
I ♥ Acer

A muscle car is not specified by exactly how large of an engine you have....its a type or sports car, 4cyl turbo's (sti,evo) are called imports/ricers/tuners, american V8 sports cars are usually called muscle car's by just about anyone, Ferrari's are also V8's, have RWD, big powerful motors, but they're refered to as exotics...see where Im going with this, (U.S.A.)MUSCLE/(JAP)TUNERS/(EURO)EXOTIC....
Old 07-19-2008, 08:32 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: toplesspony420

You have to purchase a "special" mustang just to hang with an LS1!!
lol

The termie will put an LS1 F-body away, stock for stock. A GT needs gears, driver mod, and a few more bolt ons to keep up with a STOCK one. A sixxer needs....

Quoting Wiki for **** about cars FTL...ugh [:@]

Unless some of you are young, or have ****ty driving records, I can't really see how much cheaper the sixxer would be on insurance. Gas is still relatively close in comparison.

Some of you are hilarious.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:22 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

i get better gas mileage in my GT than i did in my 2001 sixer... insurance is not that much more expensive at all

i hate these quarrels lol. the answers are always the same