V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Why V6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:48 PM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Why V6?

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

You missed the point....that was about the Terminator, not the GT. And I doublt a few bolt ons will add 70 rwhp to an LS1 car.
Didn't say boltons added 70 rwhp to an LS1. Stock for stock, the ls1 cars crush the mustang gt (any year, even new). Leave the ls1 stock and add 70 whp to the mustang (99-04), and its still a close race.

What I've come to dislike about ford, is the low ceiling for potential. Why have they not brought back a big engine to compete with chevy and dodge? Instead, they throw a blower ontop of the 5.4 and make it their big dog. Where's the potential in that? Its a nice package from the factory, and plenty of power for most people, but there's not a whole lot that can be done to it.

I want to see Ford produce a N/A motor that pumps out 500 horses in stock form, like the corvette, viper,challenger (not quite 500), etc.,then let us throw a blower on top of that.

More of a rant against ford than anything, but it proves that their thinking isto producean economic, entry level sports car. I do respect the fact that they have held prices down, even with the camaro out of the picture the last 6 years. Ford's performance vehicle has always been better on gas than chevy and dodge, because of the smaller engine.

All I really want to see is ford come out with areal monster. The gt40, gt500, and termis just aren't cutting it, they come equipped with a supercharger!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:50 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 35thAnni99GT

ORIGINAL: JKs95stang

I believe you replied to MY POST, not the other way around. So, how is that out of nowhere again? Don't start shyt you can't finish, and don't back peddle now and ***** out. The fact still remains, you made a ridiculous comment( hahahaha, what does it take for your sixxer to even get into the picture? ), and now you can't take it that I'm talkin' shyt about your sorry azz wanna-be fast GT. If it's not supercharged, it's NOTHING!! PERIOD!! DONE!!

If you want some of me, I'll put up my 340 4 speed Demon, you can't even take that car, let alone my MONSTER!! Now SLAP yourself, and say your SORRY!!
I aint scurred. Put up pics of your 340 Demon. You think Im bluffing you and boy are you sadly mistaken. I hope that demon makes close to 2hp per cubic inch, because thats what youre going to need to even think about touching me.
The demon is the baby ride. Now you are going to BS and say you have almost 700 HP. Ahahahahaha, I highly doubt that BIG MOUTH. As a matter of fact, I don't think you are bluffing, I think you are flat out LYING!! I hope you aren't talking about that mustang in your sig, if you are, YOU ARE DEFINITELY FULL OF SHYT!!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:53 PM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

Be careful JK, looks can be decieving. A lesson many will learn the hard way...

Btw, what is a demon 340, a bike or something. Too lazy to use google right now.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:59 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwyates4

Be careful JK, looks can be decieving. A lesson many will learn the hard way...

Btw, what is a demon 340, a bike or something. Too lazy to use google right now.
Its a MOPAR, all I really mess with. I like fords but LOVE MOPARS. PRE SMOG of course!! I love how I get all these GT guys in an uproar, I guess there pissed they should of bought a Cobra.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:01 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

Theres a post from someone that actually knows what's up!!

The purest defintion of a "muscle car" is a mid-size, big block, rwd car built from 1963-1972 (although peopple will debate the dates). By this defination very few Mustangs meet the terms, as not many were offered with a big block and a Mustang is NOT a mid size car. This why the term "pony car" came out In our age the defintion has changed a bit I suppose, many people now think any rwd, V8 car is a muscle car, I don't agree, a Crown Vic is a rwd V8, but it is certainly not a muscle car. I think that any rwd, V8 car that is built with perfromance in mind could be classifed as a muscle car, this list would include the Stang, Camaro, T/A, Challenger etc, it even includes a couple non V8 cars like the GN and 1989 Turbo T/A's.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:05 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

hahahahaha, I come in here at times for a great laugh. Out of nowhere, you start bashing my car for whatever reason and start saying that I've claimed my car to be fast, and you can't quote for ****. Greatness.
I believe you replied to MY POST, not the other way around. So, how is that out of nowhere again? Don't start shyt you can't finish, and don't back peddle now and ***** out. The fact still remains, you made a ridiculous comment( hahahaha, what does it take for your sixxer to even get into the picture? ), and now you can't take it that I'm talkin' shyt about your sorry azz wanna-be fast GT. If it's not supercharged, it's NOTHING!! PERIOD!! DONE!!

If you want some of me, I'll put up my 340 4 speed Demon, you can't even take that car, let alone my MONSTER!! Now SLAP yourself, and say your SORRY!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Someone got a little butt hurt because I returned a taste of their own medicine? Where did I insult your car? Suddenly, you feel insecure and you must let me know that you have another car that could do something your own torque monster mustang couldn't do? [sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]

Seems like we got a match for the stereotyped, insecure sixxer owner...this dude's practically going all out over nothing.

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Ford put a supercharger on the 4.6 just to barely compete with Chevy!! A few bolt ons' done DEAL!!
Ahh...yes. Another 70+rwhp is barely competing, isn't it? What bolt ons exactly would make it a done deal?

Are you sure you aren't the one who is "butt hurt"!! Is that why you are in a sixxer section, to prove your GT can beat a single port! YOUR PATHETIC!! End of Story!!

Why don't you go to the cobra section and boast about your GT!!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:30 PM
winner99
3rd Gear Member

F*kin retarts, who gives a crap what it is. At least its American and its a Mustang. Why fight over your own kind.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:30 PM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

Ah, a dodge. I like ford, love chevy, but I think dodge has the best sound, hands down. Could you post up a vid of it or something, would love to hear/see it.

I've almost got all the bugs worked out with the vette now, just a little timing issue and it'll be good to go. You should hear it now!

Set off two car alarms the other day, just starting it, no revving!

Should be on the dynoin the next month. Looking for 380 rwhp, and 500 rwhp with spray.

Now if I could just find someone to paint it...
Old 07-20-2008, 11:39 PM
jmonty
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: toplesspony420
So why a V6, is it just for looks....?
when i bought my 02 v6 a few years ago i was set on getting a different car that got better gas millage, but after test driving a bunch of cars for the price i was willing to pay with out financing, my v6 mustang was the most fun to drive and best looking car in a town with a re-****-ulous amount of used car dealers.

i still enjoy it and it gets good enough highway miles for me to drive it cross country without taking too much of a hitthe best mpg i could when driving from a full tank until it was empty was like 25.8 or so.

and with a built engine and or a s/c i think i'll have enough power to stay happy. in the mountains with light mods it isn't that great, but at sea level, compared to 5k ft or so, and with 93 octane instead of 91 it seemed a totally different ride.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

wow this thread is gay and should be locked and burried

a mustang is a PONY car

I aint scurred. Put up pics of your 340 Demon. You think Im bluffing you and boy are you sadly mistaken. I hope that demon makes close to 2hp per cubic inch, because thats what youre going to need to even think about touching me.
The demon is the baby ride. Now you are going to BS and say you have almost 700 HP. Ahahahahaha, I highly doubt that BIG MOUTH. As a matter of fact, I don't think you are bluffing, I think you are flat out LYING!! I hope you aren't talking about that mustang in your sig, if you are, YOU ARE DEFINITELY FULL OF SHYT!!
unsure of his exact mods, but i know its termi swaped, so good luck with that oneim pretty sure lilroush is the only one in this thread around him for power

What a bunch of girls in here. They should of made the V6 with an extra compartment so that you pansies would have somewhere to put your purse down while youre driving.
Dude, you can barely beat my single port stocker DD, let alone a REAL CAR, that runs a REAL NUMBER. Get out of here already, you are in the wrong section braggin' about ur PI GT that probably barely breaks 14's!!
a 99 GT vert auto should run high 14s on an average day with average track and an average driver, 5 speed coupes should be mid-low 14s

ORIGINAL: cwyates4

You missed the point....that was about the Terminator, not the GT. And I doublt a few bolt ons will add 70 rwhp to an LS1 car.
Didn't say boltons added 70 rwhp to an LS1. Stock for stock, the ls1 cars crush the mustang gt (any year, even new). Leave the ls1 stock and add 70 whp to the mustang (99-04), and its still a close race.
remember bolt on ls1s include a big cam a PI or PI swaped GT needs full bolt ons, 4.30s, slicks and driver mod to be close to an LS1, mach/na cobras are driver races stock for stock with ls1s, a true bolt on ls1 with no cam and you will need a shot of the gigles or some kind of FI

Ford put a supercharger on the 4.6 just to blah blah blah
hahahaha, what does it take for your sixxer to even get into the picture?
100 shot, blower or turbo.... you can probably get away with the stock motor however

IMO if you want to do basics like intake exhaust tune and gears and what a quick car from the factory, a mustang GT is great for you, if you want something fast that can be made faster for cheap buy a cobra, however the 3.8s do make decent full out projects (ALMOST like a 5.0 build)