V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

EVERYONE READ THIS

Old 12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
antbug911
2nd Gear Member

WOW, thats bad wreck!!! I feel bad for their friends and families!!
i posted the link to this thread on CCASR (Car Clubs Against Street Racing)for them to see.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I guess there was a news story reporting that the parents had no clue the kids had taken the car out for a middle of the night joy ride. Makes it that much harder to take. Can't imagine thinking your kids are at home in bed, then getting the police call saying we ID'd your kids remains after pulling them out of a ball of metal.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:46 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

^^^^^+10000000000, I went to school with some people who did the same thing. I had two friends that I grew up playing football and baseball with, but we all ended up going to different high schools. Well one of our mutual friends died in a car wreck and we had a big memorial bonfire, and yes there was drinking. Well one of my friends had just got a brand new 97 vette, (mind you think was over 10 years ago) so him and another friend of mine were gonna make a beer run in it. Well he let loose, made it about a mile down the road and cut the car in half on a telephone pole. When the one, that's right one (1), ambulance showed up, it was a coin toss as to who to take. The one they took was in and out of hospitals for over 3 years, never played sports again, much less ever walked , the other died on the scene because it took too long for another ambulance to get there.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:39 PM
koolkat13838
1st Gear Member

sounds like a guy that I knew. He was 3 years older than me and he had a peuter colored TA and he was going through a subdivision at 2 in the morning and he was running roughly 125 and hit a tree head on. It woke up almost everybody within about a quarter mile because of the about of noise and vibration it caused. The even sadder part is that he had just dropped off his girlfriend and was excited (im guessing anyway, cause I would be) about her saying yes to marry him. But the worst part of the whole thing is that it did not kill him. The crash was so violent that his eyes were popped out of socket and he had COUNTLESS bones broken. 10 years later(present) he is paralized from the neck down, and is blind.

Personally, I would have rather died in that then have to live through what he has.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

God, i keep coming back to this. I think about all the times i done 100+ in stupid and not so stupid places, and just damn. Its crazy.

And just like you said, thinking your kids are sound asleep, then waking up to that phone call. It really bothers me.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:07 AM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

I've had a couple times of idiocy going 120 in a the v6, which it certainly is not meant to go that fast. I was 18 and immature. Surprisingly, I didn't get my license until I was 18. Shockingly, I haven't gotten any tickets thus far *knock on wood*.

In about less than 6 months after I got my car, I had two incidents. About 3 weeks after I got the car, I nearly spun out turning at an intersection after it just started raining and drove up on a sidewalk and clipped a guy wire to a telephone pole as I saved/over-corrected the car from spinning. A similar situation happened again about 2 months later on a dirt road except I went off the side of the road and clipped some big *** branches that had been cut out of a tree. All of that and some other misc. scratches and dents have cost me $1000 in body shop repairs.

In 10 days, I turn 21 and I feel like I've grown up ALOT as far driving and overall maturity is concerned. I look back on some of the things I've done in a car and wonder how I didn't completely crash, get hurt, or get killed, along with some of my friends. I only do about 10 over the speed limit at the most just to keep up with traffic. I also drive like everyone is out to crash me. That goes a long way. And I wish people would quit talking on the damn phone while they are driving, that scares the **** outta me.

I will say this. If I had gotten the GT instead of the v6 like I wanted when I was 18, I'm about 75% confident the car would be totaled now and I'd probably be hurt or dead. I didn't and still don't have the skills of someone like Michael Schumacher... and I doubt he'd drives like a maniac on public roads.

I remember when 4 highschool kids died in a crash here where I live about 10 years ago. They were going about 120 down a straight road in a subdivision (drunk). Well, the road only last for about 1/2 mile then you turn on another street that is perpendicular to the road they were hauling *** on (think 3 way stop). At the end of the road, there is a huge oak tree... a golf course is along the road that was perpendicular to the street they were speeding on. The street they were speeding on was essentially lined up with the par 3, 185 yard 3rd hole of the course (tee box near the tree). They slammed into the tree, (which still has a nasty scar to this day), full speed, all four died instantly. My resource officer at school told me all of this because he responded to the crash. He said the engine completely ripped out of the car and went 190+ yards and ended up on the green of the 3rd hole. He said that obviously the kids were FUBAR'd. That kinda haunts me every time I play golf at that particular hole. Speed kills.

Thanks LilRoush for reminding us all to stay safe.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:10 AM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Least it gave em a shot at a birdie.

Joking of course.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

I really feel bad for the Families and Friends. These wrecks are
really hard for families to deal with because there are just so many
questions that haunt you and you wonder if they felt pain and
suffering along with other crazy thoughts. Me and my family
had to deal with the loss of my little brother and yes..he was
speeding. Another dumb decision that cost him his life. He hit
a wood chipper truck head on. I just feel so bad for the Family.
My Prayers go out the them.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

This makes me think of the time when I hit the ditch going 60mph. I was completely sideways in the ditch and one little bump couldve made my car look exactly like this. Its the same car right down to the rims.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:15 PM
sIx
4th Gear Member

Since I read this couple days ago, it bothers me too...know I've been dumb enough to do it a couple of times... never actually thought about what a car would look like at that speed + tree...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EVERYONE READ THIS