V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

EVERYONE READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:46 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Default EVERYONE READ THIS

Derrick (or any mod) feel free to move this to the V6 Gen Discussion area if you'd like, or sticky it for all to be reminded of. I posted here to get the attention of this entire section, since I know some don't read the sub section.

This is why I, along with many others, will continue to harp about legal (and smart) driving on the streets. This was NOT a street race, just a case of poor judgement that cost lives. It was on the Roush site, but I wanted everyone here to see it. For all of those who like to say "I wasn't racing, but I like to go fast on open roads when nobody is around." Single car accident when a girl lost control at the car's top speed.

Be smart guys. No amount of fun is worth ending like this.

The story is a 19 year old girl was driving at roughly 120 mph with her boyfriend when she lost control and hit a tree. He was ejected from the car (See caption prior to the second pic.) She was burned up when the car exploded and the roof collapsed on her. Please take this as a lesson to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be careful and respect these cars no matter how good of a driver you may THINK you are.

This is a picture of the rear of the car...notice this is where the engine is sitting.

The guy that was ejected was the passenger and this is a picture of the drivers side. Notice his pants hanging there that were apparently wrapped around the radiator and ripped off as he was thrown out the drivers side.

And here are the rest of the pics

Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

i almost feel sorry.

you should post this in OT and the S197 section to where its ok to do 140mph on the backroads
Old 12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
my94pony
4th Gear Member

agreed .. well put and what year is that im guessing new edge cause of the wheels
Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 PM
sabin_chicago
2nd Gear Member

sorry for the loses

-> the incompetence of thinking ahead...
Old 12-08-2008, 07:57 PM
brxan
1st Gear Member

My god, you can't even tell its a mustang if it wasnt for the wheels....

This morning I watched as a 05+ mustang made a terrible decision to try to make a left turn onto a major 6 lane road, in traffic. Didn't end well, the mustang looked totaled...

Always drive smart!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Greeen
1st Gear Member

looks like an electric green new edge...thats terrible news...makes you think of all the stupid things you have ever done in your 'stang and thank yourself for growing out of it...
Old 12-08-2008, 08:18 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Well I feel sorry for the parents that had to deal with that...

Oh... So how is it WE(males) have high insurance?
Old 12-08-2008, 08:27 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Wow. Just wow. Thank you LiL.

Edit: I vote to sticky. Reminders like this are often quickly forgotten, and its something i would want to come back to.

Last edited by HornyHornyHippo; 12-08-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

feel bad for the parents. i cant imagine how they felt in their last few moments. i know i get really anxious feeling just before someone hits you in a car accident. they had to have known what was going to happen
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

thats crazy... i also feel bad for the parents.. and friends as well.. all their loved ones will miss them.. musta been some crash in order for the guy to have his jeans ripped off.. was he wearing his seatbelt?? this i relaly unfortunate. my prayers go out to their families

definetly makes you think about how you've done worse things and gotten away with it without even a scare

Quick Reply: EVERYONE READ THIS