V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Painted My Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:02 PM
CrzyBeautiful

Originally Posted by sIx
I've got tan with black parts, looks much better than all tan IMHO, but I'm about to go to work so I'll post a pic tomorrow If I can find one
Really? I can't wait to see pictures to see how that turned out! I also really wanted to get the aluminum billet pcs that americanmuscle.com offers to spice up the interior a bit - but again - the tan threw me off and I wasn't sure it was going to look right...

I also see that you currently reside in NC where I used to live

Originally Posted by Fink
I painted my tan interior with some black. You might say I went over the top but I dont care, Im changing my entire interior out for black in the winter when I find a complete interior from a salvage car.
I didn't think that was possible without completely gutting the inside - sounds risky my friend... But if you have thought about doing it then I am sure its going to turn out fine - i dont think i am going to go that far - lol...
Old 05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CrzyBeautiful
Really? I can't wait to see pictures to see how that turned out! I also really wanted to get the aluminum billet pcs that americanmuscle.com offers to spice up the interior a bit - but again - the tan threw me off and I wasn't sure it was going to look right...

I also see that you currently reside in NC where I used to live

I didn't think that was possible without completely gutting the inside - sounds risky my friend... But if you have thought about doing it then I am sure its going to turn out fine - i dont think i am going to go that far - lol...
Well just painting my interior I had it all ripped out.

Here's a few pics of what I did.

Last edited by Fink; 05-26-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:42 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

fink u are a crazy lol but how is the looks and what did u use?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

It looks pretty good. Theres a few spots here and there that have rubbed off. I used this:

It says no sanding or priming but I sanded before I applied the paint. Takes a week to cure so I didnt have a interior in my car for a week haha.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:20 AM
TurtleSLow
3rd Gear Member

thinking about doing mine for a while now but should i do red? i have seen some nice looking red interior jobs but idk if it will be too much.. lol
Old 05-27-2009, 04:29 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I did my last Fox interior. I pulled out most of it to do, but left the dash in. If you take your time and do it right, it comes out well.