Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs > V6 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
PeteTheHeat

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang Coupe
Default 99-04 Rear Side Marker Lights

Hey Gang! Brand new here and have a question, figured this was the place with the "experts"!

I HATE the fact that my 01 Mustang has only rear "reflectors" rather than actual side marker lights. Has anyone ever changed theirs to side marker lights, and if so, can you tell me what parts to purchase to make the change. I just really want lights there, not just reflectors!!

Thanks, in advance for any help

Pete
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
PeteTheHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Vehicle: 02 V6 with some stuff
Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

Either delete them or smoke them, side marker lights will look ricer/guido as hell
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000, V6

i agree ^^^

RyansQuick6:
Drive to your house: $150 gas
3-pack of rubbers: $7
Phillips head screw driver: $20
Gangbanging your mother and stabbing her in the uterus to prevent her from having anymore kids like you: Priceless
v6stang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
PeteTheHeat

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang Coupe

Gee thanks for the "help".... marker lights on the rear quarters "ricer"?? WTF? Anyone ever see a 69 Mustang? Tell me that was "ricer"! My very first car was a 69 Mustang 351W, or so you guys today will know what I'm talkin' about, a 5.8L. It had rear quarter marker lights (red). That's why I want to make the ones on my 01 "real" not reflectors. Never mind.... I'll find suggestions elsewhere... every time I come to one of these forums all anyone wants to do is dismiss every idea as "ricer".... Thanks for NOTHIN'!!!
PeteTheHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Fink
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang

Umm a 68 is a classic. 01's are not. What would be the benefit of having a light there?

Mods:
M112... nuff said.

**** em if they can't take a joke
My M112 Build
Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:02 AM   #6
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Vehicle: 02 V6 with some stuff
Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteTheHeat View Post
Gee thanks for the "help".... marker lights on the rear quarters "ricer"?? WTF? Anyone ever see a 69 Mustang? Tell me that was "ricer"! My very first car was a 69 Mustang 351W, or so you guys today will know what I'm talkin' about, a 5.8L. It had rear quarter marker lights (red). That's why I want to make the ones on my 01 "real" not reflectors. Never mind.... I'll find suggestions elsewhere... every time I come to one of these forums all anyone wants to do is dismiss every idea as "ricer".... Thanks for NOTHIN'!!!
Uh, our cars have a taillight design that wraps around the side of the car, which compensates for not having a sepereate "side marker."

And you asked, we didn't force our opinions on you, so quit being a butt hurt little bitch when the whole world thinks your idea is retarded.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #7
ramoyer1
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang
Send a message via MSN to ramoyer1

wow I didnt even know they didnt work! ohwell i guess i will be filling in my holes with bondo!!

2001 Mustang!~built 4.2 from delkperformance,Diablo tuner,j-mod,ported lower,
windstar upper,cai,built 8.8 373s locker,h-pipe,mac cat-back,prochager,Longtubes,NOS 75 shot
1976 Camaro LT!~~Built LT1,400 heads,650cfm carb,410 posi,high raise intake,LTs,
1991 Honda Civic!~POS
1996 Mustang!~Nothing yet working on motor build...
ramoyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
Fink
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramoyer1 View Post
wow I didnt even know they didnt work! ohwell i guess i will be filling in my holes with bondo!!
NO! BAD! *slaps head* Bondo is the enemy. My rear bumper got painted like 2 weeks after I got my car in Sept 2007, and guess what? They cheesed the crap out of it and Kaboom! 1 year later my bumper has cracking/flaking paint from the bondo.

Mods:
M112... nuff said.

**** em if they can't take a joke
My M112 Build
Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
ramoyer1
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang
Send a message via MSN to ramoyer1

lol well if were metal i would weld the hole closed... nah I am going to black them out and leave them there

2001 Mustang!~built 4.2 from delkperformance,Diablo tuner,j-mod,ported lower,
windstar upper,cai,built 8.8 373s locker,h-pipe,mac cat-back,prochager,Longtubes,NOS 75 shot
1976 Camaro LT!~~Built LT1,400 heads,650cfm carb,410 posi,high raise intake,LTs,
1991 Honda Civic!~POS
1996 Mustang!~Nothing yet working on motor build...
ramoyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
stangant
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000, ford, mustang
Anthony Litterilla stangant232

I would say do it, no1 else does and it would be subtle mod. I would probably go with running lights though. You could go to discount auto and buy the side marker kit, that should come with everything u need and then just take the top cover off of the kit lights. Remove the side markers, cut the hole in the plastic. you will have to do a lil fab work though to get it all to stay. i will make a diagram real quick.

Stangant's Car Domain Please Click Now

Money doesn't make me happy, its all the car parts that the money buys that does!
stangant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:41 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
01, 04, 2001, 99, 9904, light, lights, making, marker, markers, mustang, rear, removal, remove, side, weld