V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

have you been pulled over lately?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Richbrad08
3rd Gear Member

I have been pulled over 3 times in the past year, one for barking my tires when i got a new clutch, the other two times for speeding, only got 2 tickets that last time. one for no license b/c my car was BARE METAL and i was trying to take it to the paint booth and for going 55 in a 35, tho it was a speed trap. however i do have illegal tint here, tho it came from the dealership, i believe dealerships should obey the sate law about tint.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:41 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

i got pulled over twice in my stang once for no front plate (warning cause it was on the dash), the second cause the cop thought the exhaust was loud, i made him look under the car to prove it had cats and he let it go.

last time i was pulled over was a couple of weeks ago for a noise violation, it was in a big truck for using the jake brake in a upper class head up their *** community, cop let me go with a warning.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Codycsg
1st Gear Member

Last time I got pulled was in Delaware for failure to use my turn signal..making a right turn..on a road with NO traffic. Turns out in DE that's two points on your license, I came back home to NC, mailed them a clean record, and got it dropped. Before that I got one for a wreck where I was at fault, also dropped. I think the DE one was because of my gorgeous NC tags, but other than that I drive around with BLACK taillights all day in NC and drive the **** out of my semi-loud car all day without a problem, Knock on wood.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:12 AM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

i got my ticket for window tint signed off today. monday i gotta go to the dmv to get my address changed on my lisence so i can get my other ticket signed off.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:21 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

Since everyone is hating on California, I will throw my two cents out there. I've been pulled over twice lately for speeding away from idiot drivers(typical morons that brake and speed up, tailgating, road hogging, etc) who think it's fun to mess with the driver behind them or just block the road so you can't pass which I have no patience or tolerance for. The first cop was an undercover who caught me passing up an idiot driver driving 40 in a 55 zone early in the morning( tired with no patience for ignorance) so I find a nice comfortable spot to pull over. He comes up to the window talking about why are you driving so fast this and that. So I tell him I'm late for work and I don't have time to be dealing with people who can't drive at least the limit(people usually drive this area 60 65 in a 55 zone) so I decided to make a legal pass a little above the limit. He checks my license, insurance, reg, all that, takes two or three steps towards his car, comes back and says, slow it down and drive safe to work. Oh what a wonderful morning.

The second cop pulls me over for speeding away from these two jack asses playing the brake game, and the guy behind me is tailgating the **** out of me, so I hit 3rd gear and got away from both of the douche bags being idiots. A few minutes later I get pulled over with my son in the car, making me feel like ****, but my son is tough, he didn't get scared or anything, he actually thought it was funny. Anyway, he walks up to window asking the normal questions, why are you weaving in and out of traffic like that, this and that. I'm like for 1, the guy in front of me is being a dick braking and speeding up, and the guy behind me is tailgating the **** out of me, so I decided to speed up and change lanes to get away from both of the clowns being stupid. So he gets my license, reg, insurance and goes back to the car for quite awhile. I looked over at my son and said, there is noway I'm getting off on this ticket, he is taking way to long to let me off. Sure enough he comes back with all my stuff, and tells me to take it easy, I understand there are drivers who aren't the greatest drivers (understatement) and mess around, but you can't be speeding and weaving in and out of traffic. I said, that's a fair assessment, but I can't stand it when people try to box me in and tailgate and pull out all of there idiotic antics to **** other drivers off. I said, it infuriates me to the fullest and I lose it and have to speed away, or it makes me want to jump in front of them and slam on my brakes to show them how it feels(which I've done plenty of times, that's another story). Needless to say, he let me off with a warning which I appreciate, it sucks wasting half a day to go fight it in court, which I would of. So to the California Highway Patrol, I salute you for being respectful and cordial. Thanks, You are appreciated.

Last edited by JKs95stang; 03-07-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:45 PM
TurtleSLow
3rd Gear Member

no speeding tickets for me always have taken it easy on the speed limits, and i drive pretty granny around town, i like my gas mileage.

i gotta say i must be pretty lucky with the cops around here, my car is obnoxiously loud with a dumped catless LT setup, i find myself right next to cops all the time, and just yesterday actually i was driving right next to a cop for a good mile, even taking off from lights next to him and he didnt pull me over. also 15% tint on the windows and 5% out back, and blacked out tail lights.

i have been pulled over twice for my tint, one was right next to campus, the cop was pretty cool, asked alot about my car and gave me some compliments, said well i wont give you the ticket, but just know that some cops will. the other time was a little odd, cop puts his lights on, i pull over and roll my window down. he was parked behind me, i leaned over to my glove box to pull out my information and all the sudden he is pulled right up next to me, lol. said you know tints illegal? yes sir. then he said alright just so you know. and pulled off like a madman down the street. must have got some urgent call or something lol
Old 03-07-2010, 01:16 PM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

dark tint just adds to the red/black theme on our cars
Old 03-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Rik08GTvert
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JKs95stang
Since everyone is hating on California, I will throw my two cents out there. I've been pulled over twice lately for speeding away from idiot drivers(typical morons that brake and speed up, tailgating, road hogging, etc) who think it's fun to mess with the driver behind them or just block the road so you can't pass which I have no patience or tolerance for. The first cop was an undercover who caught me passing up an idiot driver driving 40 in a 55 zone early in the morning( tired with no patience for ignorance) so I find a nice comfortable spot to pull over. He comes up to the window talking about why are you driving so fast this and that. So I tell him I'm late for work and I don't have time to be dealing with people who can't drive at least the limit(people usually drive this area 60 65 in a 55 zone) so I decided to make a legal pass a little above the limit. He checks my license, insurance, reg, all that, takes two or three steps towards his car, comes back and says, slow it down and drive safe to work. Oh what a wonderful morning.

The second cop pulls me over for speeding away from these two jack asses playing the brake game, and the guy behind me is tailgating the **** out of me, so I hit 3rd gear and got away from both of the douche bags being idiots. A few minutes later I get pulled over with my son in the car, making me feel like ****, but my son is tough, he didn't get scared or anything, he actually thought it was funny. Anyway, he walks up to window asking the normal questions, why are you weaving in and out of traffic like that, this and that. I'm like for 1, the guy in front of me is being a dick braking and speeding up, and the guy behind me is tailgating the **** out of me, so I decided to speed up and change lanes to get away from both of the clowns being stupid. So he gets my license, reg, insurance and goes back to the car for quite awhile. I looked over at my son and said, there is noway I'm getting off on this ticket, he is taking way to long to let me off. Sure enough he comes back with all my stuff, and tells me to take it easy, I understand there are drivers who aren't the greatest drivers (understatement) and mess around, but you can't be speeding and weaving in and out of traffic. I said, that's a fair assessment, but I can't stand it when people try to box me in and tailgate and pull out all of there idiotic antics to **** other drivers off. I said, it infuriates me to the fullest and I lose it and have to speed away, or it makes me want to jump in front of them and slam on my brakes to show them how it feels(which I've done plenty of times, that's another story). Needless to say, he let me off with a warning which I appreciate, it sucks wasting half a day to go fight it in court, which I would of. So to the California Highway Patrol, I salute you for being respectful and cordial. Thanks, You are appreciated.
Really?!? wow. highway patrol are usually the biggest dicks around. sheriffs are fair but chippys ticket everyone. salinas pd dont know what theyre doing and are a joke so i never have to worry about them. i usually just have to worry about chp. that surprises me to see they're so nice. and no im not being sarcastic to you. im just surprised it was that agency that let you off.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 AM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

yea chps dont mess around. something about them makes me take them alot more seriosly lol
Old 03-08-2010, 02:15 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Got pulled last night while headed home from Miami. The deputy told me the reason for the stop was my tag light was out. Got out to look and had to show him that it was working just fine, his excuse was that it was dim and he could barely see the tag. I asked him what he wanted me to do about it as it operated the way Ford designed it and he could give me an answer and just let me go.

Quick Reply: have you been pulled over lately?