V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Exhaust tip difference!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 04:06 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

slp 3.5" tips are the awesome...

4" look iffy, on the 03/04 cobra rear they work but they still look kinda big
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

cobra rear looks ok to the 4" otherwise i think 3" looks good,
Old 03-12-2011, 06:11 PM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

4 inch tips ftw lol
i painted mine black so i think they don't look as big
Old 03-16-2011, 06:25 PM
82T-Top
2nd Gear Member

yesterday i went to the shop to get it all welded in and found a problem..... i want to lower it soon but the rearend has nowhere to go.... its like when MAC made the exhaust they didnt make it long enough because the pipes that go over the rear come down to early and i have noticed when i hit larger bumps you can hear it hit and after lowering it, it will hit if i run over the smallest of anything. so i decided to do the drop first instead of welding it first and cutting it up and welding it all back together again in a month or two. as for tips..... i am liking the 3.5" for sure and the 4" im still thinkin cause they look good on the cobras!! but idk with the v6 rear bumper........ different bumper not an option right now cause i have other things id rather do with the car right now....... as for the headers, one is cracked and trying to justify if LT's are worth the 400ish dollars and 10hp? both numbers could be a little off or to just take out the stocks, find the crack, and weld them up? as for the cats, thinkin of getting rid of both of them and i believe i saw high flows that have 2 points to hook in the sensors??
Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

what if you make your own cutouts and then do the 4" tips. I dont like anything bigger than 3" on bumpers with no cutouts
Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

ok some of the guys that have been around a while. What is that link that had the self exhaust cut-out tutorial, the thermostat tutorial, and a bunch of others on it

it was called something like mirrcos racing???
Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

ok found it an was way off

http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/index.htm

there is a whole how-to on here about making your own exhaust cut-outs so that you can put bigger tips on your exhaust and them not hang too low and look dumb (in my opinion)
Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 PM
82T-Top
2nd Gear Member

that site was awesome!!! i found a few more things i wanna try on there! i need to jump on lowering the car and i am just going to cut the springs.... i put new struts on the car 8 months ago and they had v6 struts, v8 struts, and i got the struts that were for the v8's good or bad.... my new tires arent choppy and no shaking and the car handles nicely. as for the rear shocks, i have not replaced them and its mushy back there so with lowering it i dont want to put a lot of money into it right now i just want to get the car down. for the shocks should i go for gt shocks, foxbody shocks, or......???

i only want to cut off like 3/4 of a coil because (correct me if im wrong) i want to go the lowest WITHOUT having to replace CC plates. now with that being said.... this could be a dumb question but is a coil considered "one" from the starting point following it around directly under the starting point and do i cut the top part of the springs front and back?? i noticed in stock form they are tapered flat on the top.... assuming its nothing to worry about since ppl always talk about cutting them??

just a thought with doing a bumper cut out for the tips will it make the bumper weak? if its gonna flap noticeably i'd probably just wait and get a gt bumper...??
Old 03-21-2011, 11:44 PM
cominus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 82T-Top
that site was awesome!!! i found a few more things i wanna try on there! i need to jump on lowering the car and i am just going to cut the springs.... i put new struts on the car 8 months ago and they had v6 struts, v8 struts, and i got the struts that were for the v8's good or bad.... my new tires arent choppy and no shaking and the car handles nicely. as for the rear shocks, i have not replaced them and its mushy back there so with lowering it i dont want to put a lot of money into it right now i just want to get the car down. for the shocks should i go for gt shocks, foxbody shocks, or......???

i only want to cut off like 3/4 of a coil because (correct me if im wrong) i want to go the lowest WITHOUT having to replace CC plates. now with that being said.... this could be a dumb question but is a coil considered "one" from the starting point following it around directly under the starting point and do i cut the top part of the springs front and back?? i noticed in stock form they are tapered flat on the top.... assuming its nothing to worry about since ppl always talk about cutting them??

just a thought with doing a bumper cut out for the tips will it make the bumper weak? if its gonna flap noticeably i'd probably just wait and get a gt bumper...??
Dont! You will regret it, I know I did.

The strut thing depends, did you get GT springs too? If so you'll have a stiffer/less comfortable but you'll be able to make sharper turns, not sure if it's a good thing unless you auto-x then yeah.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:59 PM
82T-Top
2nd Gear Member

springs are stock just gonna cut them. and for the bumper i think ill just leave it alone and i think ill get the 3.5" and see how it goes and if they need cut outs ill get a gt bumper because we just put on slp catback exhaust on my girlfriends GT about 30 min. ago and it looks good with the 3.5"!! and it sounds awesome!!

Quick Reply: Exhaust tip difference!!