V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Exhaust tip difference!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:30 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

hey cuminus; you cut your bumper and it was weak?? As for lowering, look up camber bolts. I know stangsuspension.com has them. They will adjust your camber up to a 1.5" drop. You will have to have a shop install and adjust them but I have had mine for 5 years or so with no problems and no alignment issues.

What you really need to figure out is how much to cut off for a 1.5 to 1.75" drop. I would think no more than a full coil but I would check with guys who have cut theirs before.
I know ryansquick6 has
Old 03-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

I cut a coil off my stock springs. Not sure how much of a drop it is but the car sits at 26" F and 26 1/4" R. Measuring from ground to top of wheel well.

According to NYstangs build thread, stock height is 28" F and 28 5/8-3/4" R.

So 1 coil = 2" F 2 3/8-1/2" R

Last edited by Fink; 03-22-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:00 AM
cominus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by v6stang07
hey cominus; you cut your bumper and it was weak?? As for lowering, look up camber bolts. I know stangsuspension.com has them. They will adjust your camber up to a 1.5" drop. You will have to have a shop install and adjust them but I have had mine for 5 years or so with no problems and no alignment issues.
Are you mad at me? I don't understand your question, what do you mean by weak?
Old 03-23-2011, 05:13 PM
82T-Top
2nd Gear Member

well im lookin to drop it like 1-1.5" because there are two things i want to avoid: having to get new CC plates and because its my DD and roads around here are really rough!! and the manholes are in your tire lanes on alllll city streets and if a car is coming in opposite direction you have no choice.... stop or hit the holes.....
Old 03-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

I should have said that those numbers are with no isolators put back in after cutting.

82 T top... I would say cut half a coil and keep the isolators to start. If you want it lower, cut a bit more off.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

like i was saying 82T....you can get those camber bolts (they are only $30) and they will fix your camber up to a 1.5-1.75" drop. I use them and they have worked out great

Cominus....Wake up!!! Sorry what I meant by that question was: So you cut your springs and the bumper ended up weak?

DID YOU CUT THE REAR BUMPER CUT OUTS LIKE ON THAT WEB SITE I POSTED AND "REGRETED IT" BECAUSE IT FLAPPED IN THE WIND LIKE WAS PREVIOUSLY FEARED?????
Old 03-24-2011, 03:40 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

i highly doubt it will flap in the wind if you do the cutouts yourself. i just think theyll look like crap compared to a gt bumper
Old 03-25-2011, 12:20 AM
82T-Top
2nd Gear Member

v6stang07- thanks for the input on the camber bolts ive never really heard of going that route.....after reading up on them and asking around idk..... itll take a little more time for me to go that way..... i hate turning down help because thats why i posted questions but i didnt want to ignore. im still kickin it around for a "for now" but like i said, im not lookin to drop it just yet.... i just wanna get it down from the clouds until i get another DD and make this stang a life project. as for now i pland to cut 1/2 or 3/4s of a coil and start with that......i read one article with a guy talkin about cuttin springs up to 3/4s coil w/o cc plates.. he had a red/maroon coupe but i dont know his name or which section he was in but anyway cut springs, install shocks, weld exhaust, 3.5" tips and as for the cats i have 150K on this car could the cats be getting clogged up? if so should i just cut them out and move on? take out all 4 and get 2 high flows to keep sensors? just cut out the back 2?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:31 AM
cominus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by v6stang07
like i was saying 82T....you can get those camber bolts (they are only $30) and they will fix your camber up to a 1.5-1.75" drop. I use them and they have worked out great

Cominus....Wake up!!! Sorry what I meant by that question was: So you cut your springs and the bumper ended up weak?

DID YOU CUT THE REAR BUMPER CUT OUTS LIKE ON THAT WEB SITE I POSTED AND "REGRETED IT" BECAUSE IT FLAPPED IN THE WIND LIKE WAS PREVIOUSLY FEARED?????
I dont know what you mean, I didn't say I cut the bumper in half or anything crazy like that, I did 2 little cut outs on the bumper like the GT bumper for the exhaust tips.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
82T-Top
2nd Gear Member

Ok so i've made up my mind to cut off a half a coil, stick with the 3" tips for now, and as for the shocks how do you guys feel about the tokico hp shocks from AM? keeping in mind that i may cut more than just a half coil..... (one coil max) and i will probably make a stop by a salvage yard soon, if im gonna be under there i might as well ad the GT swaybar

Quick Reply: Exhaust tip difference!!