Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs > V6 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
my04stang

Vehicle: 2004,Ford, Mustang
Default Fuel reset switch

Car won't start so I tried the fuel reset switch, and it doesn't move at all. should this have any give to it all? or should it not move if this is not the problem?
Thank you in advance for your help. Appreciate any info you can give.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
my04stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
MustangSally94
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1994, Ford, Mustang

Im assuming your talking about the Inertia switch? If so if it has been tripped you should be able to press it in to reset it... if it has any space between the top of the red button and the top of the part the button sits in then it isnt tripped... if it is flush on the top and wont press in my guess is somehow the switch has locked up somehow... if not then good luck finding your problem

MustangSally94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
my04stang

Thanks so much for the help. That appears to be the problem. Looking for switch now.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
my04stang

Default fuel inertia/safety switch

Okay, not so sure that was the problem, as far as the position of the red button on switch, should it be all the way to the top or closer to the bottom, but not touching the bottom? It is closer to the bottom, but not touching.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Rob-1995-Mustang-GT

Vehicle: 1995/Mustang/GT

Hey, I'm having the same pob on my 95 Mustang GT-5 SPD I put in a fuel filter,fuel pump, Distributor assembly, cleaned all fuel injectors, Timing chain &gears and a new battery, Still no cold start but when I do get it to start she runs awesome but if I let it sit fo over 3 hrs no cold start!!. So I finily did a code EEC test using a paper clip & counting how many flashes the check engine does. I got one code 542 = Fuel pump Relay or CCRM. If you don't know how to do this go into Google & type 1995 Mustang GT KOEO KOER TEST. Good luck guys Thanks- Whitelion95GT
Rob-1995-Mustang-GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 3.9 Vert & 1994 5.0 Vert
X757XVeritas

Wrong section bud this is the V6 section. Try over in the 5.0 section. You will prolly have better luck.

04 3.9l Convertible- Daily driver
94 5.0l Convertible- Work in progress
92 5.0l Hatchback- Another work in progress
BabyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:07 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 2005, 95, bullit, button, ford, fuel, inertia, mustang, resest, reset, rest, start, switch, switchfuelreset