V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Wanna read a build thread? Click me... (Fink's M112 Build)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

Default Wanna read a build thread? Click me... (Fink's M112 Build)

Well I finally decided to make one these here things. Seems like a smart thing to do.

Lets get down to business...

Meet Elise... Electric Green... Elise... yeah

1999 Ford Mustang, 3.8L Essex based OHV V6, 4R70W transmission, 7.5" SRA

First pic of her. Sept 17th or 18th 2007.

Didnt do any modding the first couple of years owning it. First mod was Smoked w/ Amber headlights.

I decided to throw some paint onto the parchment interior.

I bought some rims and tires. S Styles 18x9/10, GY Eagle F1 GSD3 265/35/18

My attempt at a grill delete. Still holding up after 2 yrs.

Last February I purchased a incomplete M112 kit. Came with most of the major parts. Did not come with shocks/struts.

I put in a Auburn differential and kept the stock 3.27's sometime around April/May 2010. I believe I put on Bullitt front brakes around this time. Also put on LT headers and O/R H. Roush side exhaust mufflers were used to make it tolerable.

Smoked the tail lights and cut out the fog light bars. Side skirts got all chewed up when PATS messed up and I had to dolly my car home. Lets just say, dolly turned, car didnt.

Bought a Saleen style 232 decal. After waiting for C/C plates, I lowered the car. Cut 1 coil off each spring and removed all isolators. KYB GR2 S/S and J&M C/C plates. F: 27" R: 27 1/4". Foglights also added.

One day I was in the impound lot of my mechanic's and I look across the alley and see an engine sitting there(at the back door of a parts store). I looked at it and thought it was a windstar 3.8. Well I wait a few months to see if anything happens to it, nope still sitting there. So I walk into the store and ask someone about the motor out back. They said its junk so its going to the salvage yard. I then told him that Ill take it, so we got a forklift and put it in the box of my truck.

After a couple days I look at the engine. Start getting some numbers and I find out its a 4.2L from a 97 F 150. SCORE!! So now Im tearing it down for a nice build... shooting for 500+ on meth inj.

I have the engine tore down to a shortblock, but I dont have pics uploaded at the moment.

Pic of the heads/lower off 4.2 mocked up to test adapter plate.

Oops, that aint gonna fit.

I bought some gauges and decided where I wanted to mount them. Boost 30/30 Mechanical, Innovate LC-1 wideband w/ XD-16??? gauge, Oil pressure 0-100psi mechanical

Seems like a good location, out of the way, kinda sleeper, good visibility.

Parts waiting:
Eaton M112, lip shaved, silencer ports sealed, unported
M112 Plenum/TB
IAC blockoff plate(wont need since running hoodless)
JLT RAI w/ 90mm LMAF
39#s(not sure, they are blue. was told they are 39's)
Idler
310lph fuel pump
Adapter plate(unsure who's it is)
IAT2 sensor and pigtail
misc gaskets
Stainless braided brake lines F&R
Cobra rear discs + pads + brackets
PMP side skirts

I think thats it for now. Im gonna search my phone for some pics, cause I know I have more.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

Few questions I wanna clear up.

Stock crank pulley and 3.6 blower pulley makes 10-11psi? UDP lowers boost right?
99/00 throttle cable and cruise control work with cobra TB? looks like it will, must confirm.
Should I buy LCA's? Im not going to be taking the car to the strip, AT ALL. maybe a couple pulls on the highway, but no launches at lights or anything.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:09 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

that is funny, i purchased my car in 07 but in April. You will need to switch over the oil pan, i would say switch to the mustang lower intake but keep the f150 upper, that makes the engine look sweet!!! Let me know if you need any help with this engine build as i just finished mine.

Last edited by stangant; 05-04-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

Engine wont be going in until it gets built... which will prob be this winter.

Haha... thats kinda weird. My car was on the lot for <30 hrs. Arrived Saturday afternoon, in my possession monday morning.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by Fink
Few questions I wanna clear up.

Stock crank pulley and 3.6 blower pulley makes 10-11psi? UDP lowers boost right?
99/00 throttle cable and cruise control work with cobra TB? looks like it will, must confirm.
Should I buy LCA's? Im not going to be taking the car to the strip, AT ALL. maybe a couple pulls on the highway, but no launches at lights or anything.
Im going off of what Ive been told...

1- stock 3.65" pulley with stoc lower makes around 12psi, according to Rico. he saw 14psi at one point. stock upper with 25% lower say 7lbs.

2- no, swap on 01-04 cable, according to nathan.

3- should be able to get away without them
Old 05-04-2011, 10:45 PM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stangant
that is funny, i purchased my car in 07 but in April. You will need to switch over the oil pan, i would say switch to the mustang lower intake but keep the f150 upper, that makes the engine look sweet!!! Let me know if you need any help with this engine build as i just finished mine.
But he's running an eaton lol. No upper intake
Old 05-05-2011, 08:51 AM
stangant
5th Gear Member

Hahaha ok well idk y i thought running both a blower and and upper manifold would work, but fink you can sent that manifold my way i have big plans for an f150 upper. I just can't use the one i have on the car now.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

if you really want the upper Stangant... throw an offer out.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

found a few more pics on my phone.

Couple of the heads off the 4.2. before getting cleaned up. Basically cleaned them up, put them in a box and set them in a closet.

Pic of the PMP side skirts I picked up. Testing on the car.

Im thinking my frame isnt square on my car. Reason is I can stick my pinky inbetween the drivers door panel and dashboard, but I cant even get a pencil in on the other side. Also the drivers side side skirt doesnt fit(too short by about 1/2"), but the passenger side does.

Snapped a quick pic yesterday. Dont mind the POS in the background.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:34 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I had to rig my 2000 throttle cable to work. Using the new style makes for a much cleaner install.

Quick Reply: Wanna read a build thread? Click me... (Fink's M112 Build)