V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.
View Poll Results: What the hell to do now?
Keep the Car and do a 5spd swap later
11.11%
Sell the Car and buy an 01+ 5spd Six
16.67%
Sell the Car and buy an 01+ 5spd GT
33.33%
Sell the Car and buy a 96-98 Cobra
27.78%
Sell the Car and buy a Salvage title 01' Cobra or Mach 1
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Got offered $4500 for my car, what now?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:58 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default Got offered $4500 for my car, what now?

Whelp I have had a trade ad up for a while now looking to trade my car for a stick so I wouldnt have to go through the trouble and cost of swapping it.

I got a lot of offers including a two for one (99 and 00 beat to hell sixxers) but nothing I was looking for.

Got an e-mail and call from a guy that said he would give me $4500 for it, he loved how clean it is.

To recap, I paid $2200 for the car and have put about 20,000 miles on it now over the last year and a half. My car has a spotless Carfax and I am the 3rd owner.

I know I can get an 01+ 5spd with charcoal interior for that much, just not sure if I should go ahead and do it. Hell I have see 01+ GT's for around $4500 and my wife is pestering me to get a GT. x_x

I dont really want a GT though, the six is more my thing.

I havnt done anything that isnt permanent to the car yet so he will get it stock if I sell it to him.

What would you guys do?

Some pics.

One without my Termi hood.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Personally, even though its more hassel and effort, get in whatever you really want the most, if it's a 5 spd 6 er or whatever it may be.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

I would just do a 5 speed swap. Just get a donor car and then dump the donor car after your done.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:27 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchi
Personally, even though its more hassel and effort, get in whatever you really want the most, if it's a 5 spd 6 er or whatever it may be.
I was searching around for a 5spd car at first of course but couldnt pass up the deal on this one. Honestly I would probably go insane if I got a Sonic Blue 5spd. :P
Sonic Blue is my first choice, then Silver, then Screaming Yellow, then Comp Orange, then black. Must have Charcoal interior just like mine.

Originally Posted by Fink
I would just do a 5 speed swap. Just get a donor car and then dump the donor car after your done.
yeah, I grab up parts cars a lot because you get more for your money. I just havnt come by a good deal on a New Edge Sixxer yet. If I went this way I would hope for a 99' for the trans, but I wouldnt be picky.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:34 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

If you can find a GT or 96-98 Cobra, I would go with that. How about a 4.0 sixxer?

Would you consider a different car altogether? Like something other than a Mustang?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:38 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Keep the hood.... sell the car... find a new one with a stick.

Rephrase... keep the hood, A/C and heat... sell the car... buy my white one since it's a 5 speed.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:55 PM
The grey beast
2nd Gear Member

Sonic Blue is an amazing color, i do like my cars color, charcoal grey, however sonic blue or torchfire red would be my prefered choice if i was to get another car, simply becuz i wouldnt want to get another car the same color
Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
If you can find a GT or 96-98 Cobra, I would go with that. How about a 4.0 sixxer?

Would you consider a different car altogether? Like something other than a Mustang?
No 4.0's for me.
I have found a couple SN95 Cobra's in my price range that I might give a call on, quite a few New Edge GT's too.

Odly enough, not finding many nice sixxers in my price range, wtf...

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Keep the hood.... sell the car... find a new one with a stick.

Rephrase... keep the hood, A/C and heat... sell the car... buy my white one since it's a 5 speed.
Matt, the day you will take $5k for your car will be the day we meet.
I would love to have your car but I know $5k wont buy it and I would not want to insult you like that either.

Originally Posted by The grey beast
Sonic Blue is an amazing color, i do like my cars color, charcoal grey, however sonic blue or torchfire red would be my prefered choice if i was to get another car, simply becuz i wouldnt want to get another car the same color
Mineral Gray and DSG are great colors too.
I found 1 SB Six in my range but the interior colors are that parchment/gray color. yuck.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

buy a 4v if you buy something other than a 6er!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:26 AM
The grey beast
2nd Gear Member

actually mine may not be charcoal gray, ill have to look tomorrow, theres a sticker somewhere out there on it, dont feel like walkin out at 3:30 am to see

Quick Reply: Got offered $4500 for my car, what now?