V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

My new stang v6, very excited ... how can i dress up the engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 PM
rlupo810

Originally Posted by jthorn9
The boss stripe package isn't bad but the white on the hood has to go. The billit grill and the chrome in the scoops also HAS TO GO. There is too much color contrast. Thain them should be green and black, the white and chrome adds too much and looks trashy. Even my wife, she loves certain things on cars, said the chrome has to go same with the white on the hood.

like ESG said, lower the car, get rid of all the crap I listed and start over.

Don't worry about the engine bay. I can tell you from first hand experiance, investing money in dress ups for an engine is a waste for anything less than an all out show cars. Of which show cars are nearly a complete waste of money unless you're so rich money isn't an issue.

Fix what people can see, and that's the outside, if you start doing shows then cool, keep it simple and keep a theme. Too much is just as bad as not enough. Don't "mod it" just because it can be "modded".
could you give me ideas of what to make black and what to make green, what would look best and more muscular.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:42 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by rlupo810
could you give me ideas of what to make black and what to make green, what would look best and more muscular.
Getting rid of all the junk first is your start.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:58 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

First I would like to say that your car is pretty awesome. And I have to agree with what some have mentioned. Get rid of the chrome/silver. I think if you stick with the black/green theme, you can go a long way with your ride.

In regards to websites, have you tried LateModelRestoration, CJ Pony, and I'm sure you can find something on American Muscle (my favorite site).

Overall, keep it simple with the colors. My opinion is that to many different colors, tends to make the car look tacky, but that's just me. However, you have a very nice ride...
Old 02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Either keep the boss stripes or get rid of them, either way is fine. If you want some kind of stripes or black accents keep it simple. The 8" dual stripes with a 1/4" pin stripe on the outsides over the car looks good as well as just painting the top of the coupe (from the glass and up) black would look killer too.

The head lights need to be replaced with tinted or black headlights.

The rims are fine as they're not something you see everyday.

Go on ebay and get an 01-04 Mustang GT hood scoop and side scoops and have them painted and put them on, will really clean up the looks of the outside.

Remove the white stripes. You'll need a plastic scraper and a lot of patenece but they'll come off.

Lower the car. You can either cut the springs yourself to save time (great article in tech on this) or buy a kit, either way it sits too damn high.

All that cheese grade mesh in the front bumper needs to go, looks like a high school kid put that crap in there. Leave the front open, that's the way that bumper was intended to look.

Also pull out the billit grills in the front and leave it open, not a fan of grills on 94-04s. If you want to keep them, pain them black to match the theme.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM
rlupo810

Default rrrr

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Either keep the boss stripes or get rid of them, either way is fine. If you want some kind of stripes or black accents keep it simple. The 8" dual stripes with a 1/4" pin stripe on the outsides over the car looks good as well as just painting the top of the coupe (from the glass and up) black would look killer too.

The head lights need to be replaced with tinted or black headlights.

The rims are fine as they're not something you see everyday.

Go on ebay and get an 01-04 Mustang GT hood scoop and side scoops and have them painted and put them on, will really clean up the looks of the outside.

Remove the white stripes. You'll need a plastic scraper and a lot of patenece but they'll come off.

Lower the car. You can either cut the springs yourself to save time (great article in tech on this) or buy a kit, either way it sits too damn high.

All that cheese grade mesh in the front bumper needs to go, looks like a high school kid put that crap in there. Leave the front open, that's the way that bumper was intended to look.

Also pull out the billit grills in the front and leave it open, not a fan of grills on 94-04s. If you want to keep them, pain them black to match the theme.
Do you think it would look decent to paint the bumper mesh black or should I just remove it... also you think I should paint the grill black. Also will the the 01-04 gt hood scoop fit on my car.. its a 2000 V6

Last edited by rlupo810; 02-07-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Remove the mesh and replace the grill with a Mach 1 grill delete. They're both really designed to be open.

Yes the hood and side scoops will fit, depending on the type you may need to drill holes in the hood to put on the scoop. The good thing about drilling is there is no chance of it flying off.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 AM
tbomb87
1st Gear Member

The car itself looks to be in good shape. I have to agree with everyone else, strip off the cheap accessories and stick with a theme (green and black). But once the car is stripped down a bit, it will look a lot better.

Post pics after you change things up.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:06 PM
rlupo810

Originally Posted by tbomb87
The car itself looks to be in good shape. I have to agree with everyone else, strip off the cheap accessories and stick with a theme (green and black). But once the car is stripped down a bit, it will look a lot better.

Post pics after you change things up.
i will be removing the white stripes tomorrow and will take pics after i do so... i removed the pony emblem from the grill and am debating on painting the billet grill blac... also i am think of changing the spoiler to the actual saleen s281 wing. what do you think?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^very good start my man...
Old 02-10-2012, 07:28 PM
rlupo810

where do you think i can get an s281 wing for a decent price? How msch doyou think it would cost to paint it to match my car?

Quick Reply: My new stang v6, very excited ... how can i dress up the engine