V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

well guys it was fun.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

Default well guys it was fun.. :(

Sorry I've been MIA forever. In October the Mustang got rearended by some dip**** in a minivan. It sustained $7000 in damage, so it got totaled. I loved the car dearly but I was able to find something else nice (see sig).

Anyways, a huge thanks to all of you who helped me out in the past with questions and all. I have a VMP SCT xcal 3 tuner I'm gonna put up on eBay within the week. I'll keep those posted who are interested.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:30 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Damn, sorry to hear that happened but its good to know that your ok, even if you did go to the Dark Side.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:06 PM
automaniak22

what are you lookin at getting for the tuner?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:14 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

That sucks, but at least you're ok. Loosing a car sucks but like anything it can be replaced.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

$200 + shipping (prob like $15 tops). And yes it is unlocked. I need to get with Justin @ VMP so I can describe what I've got exactly... I've never used the canned tunes, just the 3 he custom made for me.

I also have the Mach 1 brake kit, GT side scoops, and GT hood scoop I'm gonna try and sell within the month. Wheels and tires too, but that'll be thru craigslist first to avoid shipping. Trying to get headers for the WS6.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

how much for those brakes?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

Well with the brakes they only have like 12,000 miles put on them, I've got brand new Motorcraft pads (used Hawk HPS pads in the calipers cuz I got a deal on them), they also have the SS hoses. Brembo rotors aren't warped or scorched whatsoever.. and I painted the inner diameter and outside perimeter of the rotors with high temp light grey paint to avoid rust (which has worked quite well). The calipers are painted black, but the paint will come off with some brake cleaner (as I found out after cleaning them) .

With all that said, $350 + shipping (calipers, Brembo rotors, Hawk pads with about 50-75% pad left, stainless steel hoses, and new Motorcraft pads). And yes it's worth it. I wish the brakes were that good on my WS6.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

So about the loss. Pics of the damage?

Matthew
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 PM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

Here's what sucks about the whole thing. As you can see, the damage isn't that bad. It got towed to my dad's cousin's body shop. We reset the inertia switch and he let me sneak it home for the weekend before insurance took it. I got hit at about 30 mph, then it pushed me into the car in front of mine. I hit them just hard enough to deploy the airbags. The airbags deploying was the nail in the Mustang's coffin. It's hard to tell from the pic in the rear that I was hit, but the styrofoam block between the bumper cover and bumper bar was crushed and fell out. The bumper bar/frame got pushed about 4-5 inches forward to the gas tank. It took two people to open the trunk. The connection at the mid-pipe and LTs got shocked hard enough that there was a big leak and the car sounded like a farm tractor. The seat was bent. Surprisingly, the hood was undamaged. And my triple-meat, bacon, cheese, jalapeno Whataburger and large sweet tea went flying lol. Insurance gave me $8300. T/A was $11K w/77k miles.

Last day I had it before taking it for the insurance co to pick it up..

Here it is over the summer of '11

Here are the brakes removed post-wreck

And the wheels post wreck...

New ride...

...and in case anyone wants to call BS on the dyno #'s

Last edited by ayrton02; 03-14-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Damn I need your Dash! Too bad your so far away.

If you want to GIVE it to me though I will pay for the shipping.

Are you going to buy it back from insurance?

I bet your trunk floor pan was wrinkled judging by the large crease in the pass side front strut tower and the crease in the pass side rear quarter.

Beauty of a WS6 btw, always loved em best in Black.
At that price though, why not a Mach 1 or 2001 Cobra or even a beautiful Classic?
Just wanted someting different?

Quick Reply: well guys it was fun.. :(