Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs > V6 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
nitrous36
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 00 Ford Mustang V6
Default JBA headers?

Im considering a set of JBA shorties for my car. I know hp gains arent much with a NA car, and not worth it. But being that my car is supercharged, how much gain should I expect?

Or in my case would shorties still be a waste of time and should I go with long tubes? If I go with long tubes, will they make the exhaust louder/raspier? I like the car the way it sounds already, dont want rasp and more noise.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2004 Mach 1 Dark Shadow Grey - Stock(for now)
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
nitrous36
3rd Gear Member

To add: I would prefer shorties for the ease of installation, and being able to reuse my mid pipe/cats, which has an h-pipe adapter welded on and magna flow catback. But Im open to any suggestions.

Clearly the LTs are better, but that means elimating the cats. And no cats mean a very loud and ****ty sounding car.

Mainly what I want to know is how much gain will I see from JBA shorties with my 11psi procharger setup?

Old 08-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Vehicle: 02 V6 with some stuff
Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

JBA's are nothing more than basically a stock replacement. If anything get long tubes, otherwise don't waste your money
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
nitrous36
3rd Gear Member

Thanks. Got it, the shorties were just appealing because I could reuse my stock cats and H pipe adapter. Didnt want to have to buy a new mid pipe and find a way to mount new cats in to keep it road legal, which is more $$$. But if replace the stock units Ill probably go long tube and work something out.

Switching to long tubes wont make it obnoxiously loud will it? Hopefully I can find a good mid pipe with cats to counter that.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Look at JBA midpipes on AM.com they offer catted and none catted H and X midpipes and I would think they would fit together perfectly with JBA long tubes

Current Setup:
| Bama 93 Race Tune | Barton 2-post Short Shifter | JBA Xpipe /w Cat Deletes | Steeda 101mm Intake | Roush Axle back | Roush Upper Grille | Stock 245/45/19 Pirelli's | Stock 3.55 Gears |
| Dyno Results (July 26, 2013) 419hp 398ft/lbs|
BairdGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Vehicle: 02 V6 with some stuff
Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

The longtubes are great. I think they discontinued catted h-pipes, but you can add the Magnaflow cats to it. I'm running the longtubes, catted h-pipe, and magnaflow catback. Sounds good, no drone, and doesn't **** off the neighbors.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #7
nitrous36
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the advice. Long tubes it is. I was just hesitant about them because I hear they are a bitch to put on compared to shorties. And the passenger side is very tight. The driver side looks like a breeze. From what I see, the starter has to come out of the way on the pass side.

Good news you dont have any problems with droning. My car has GT magnaflow catbacks now, bolted to the stock cats with a pacesetter H adapter. And it drones sometimes, especially when cold.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 03 cobra vert
http://www.facebook.com/abylicki
Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
JBA's are nothing more than basically a stock replacement. If anything get long tubes, otherwise don't waste your money
This is pretty much what mine had except flow master knock offs, I was happy with it

03 mustang cobra vert
SLP LM2, catted H, CAI, Diablow tune, DRT rotors, hawk pads, SS lines, MM FLSFC metco idler, 3.10 pulley

2009 ford F350 CCSB Lariat 5.4 (DD)
Leveled, tinted, smoked cabs/markers, fisher mm2

99 Mustang GT vert 35th (SOLD)
02 Mustang 3.8 vert(SOLD)
mustangman02232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:16 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement