V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Opinion on this

Old 10-18-2013, 06:42 PM
PonyWithaPony

Default Opinion on this

So i have a 2001 V6 mustang. I love the car to death. But where i work i take a TON of crap for loving the car so much and am always told i should ditch it and get a GT. But i love it like a super snake. i dont know why, i just do. i dont need to go 180 and have 300+ HP (clearly the super snake has more but... just a random number) to be happy, i just need a 5 psd mustang i can love... I mean... Admittedly, i want to make it a bit louder, and throw a few cosmetic elements on her, but im fine with the 6. Its a damn good motor. I mean i just drove 50 miles on $10 of super, she runs great and still has enough to get me to the station tomorrow to fuel up. I guess what im asking is... Anyone else out their love their v6 mustang as much as i do?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

I could care less about fools that think a V8 is a must have. They are the only losers in that area. My V6 looks damn sweet, sounds f'n great, and performs amazing....then on top of all that my insurance is $50 a month for full coverage and my mpg is better than theirs.

I get many compliments from men and girls and my wife loves it too. So people who say that are either jealous, dumb, or making up for another 'short' coming they have.

You like your car? Thats the only question that matters.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:31 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I prefer my sixxer and 4cyl over my GT.

People ask why I dont drive the GT instead because it has a v8, and I just say its because I dont need the v8 to feel good about myself.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Your post summed up exactly how i feel about my car
Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

The minute you start making a car based on what someone else wants is the minute that car becomes their dream, not yours.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:57 AM
PonyWithaPony

good point. well as i said i love it like a super snake owner loves theirs. I just wanted to see if any other V6 owners felt the same, and im glade to see im not alone here! i mean how could you NOT love these cars? they are fantastic with any motor.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:09 PM
mcrider
2nd Gear Member

I love mine!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:34 AM
AG Paravain Co

I agree I think the v6's are the best, I had my 95 Mustang 3.8 v6 for about a week and I love it a few modifications and I have her where I want her. I also own a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3800 Series II Supercharge I get 240 horsepower with 280 torque, and I think I can easly get my v6 Mustang up there with out going with a supercharge or twin turbo
Old 10-20-2013, 07:55 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PonyWithaPony
So i have a 2001 V6 mustang. I love the car to death. But where i work i take a TON of crap for loving the car so much and am always told i should ditch it and get a GT. But i love it like a super snake. i dont know why, i just do. i dont need to go 180 and have 300+ HP (clearly the super snake has more but... just a random number) to be happy, i just need a 5 psd mustang i can love... I mean... Admittedly, i want to make it a bit louder, and throw a few cosmetic elements on her, but im fine with the 6. Its a damn good motor. I mean i just drove 50 miles on $10 of super, she runs great and still has enough to get me to the station tomorrow to fuel up. I guess what im asking is... Anyone else out their love their v6 mustang as much as i do?
I'm happy to hear you're not swayed by the talk of others. Who are they to say anything anyway. I've had my '03 GT for 10 years, and don't regret a day. Even though yours is a 6Cyl, don't let others dictate to you to change what you already love. It's all you , not anyone else.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:30 AM
PonyWithaPony

I plan on keeping the car forever even if its a second car i looooovvvveeee it andwant it foeever

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinion on this