Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs > V6 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
joeymustang91

Vehicle: 2002 Ford V6 mustang
Default 02 v6 mustang trouble

hey guys was hoping to get some help with my mustang been having starting problems for the last few weeks and now it wont start at all. have power and the engine turns over but its like it wont spark it just turns and turns but wont start. tuned it up bout 4k miles ago. it happened a few days ago I drove it about 5 miles parked it for bout 15 mins then I started it up and it began to shake then idol really low then died I thought I just killed it but then I started it again and it smelled like I flooded it but then it just died an now it turns over but wont start any help would be great. we have checked the fuel pump, spark plugs, fuel filter and now we are thinking its the coil.. thanks for your help
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
joeymustang91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

Wrong section -- you posted in the S197 (2005-14) section rather than the 2002. Moved.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 3.9 Vert & 1994 5.0 Vert
X757XVeritas

Go through the obvious questions first, we've all done it, even if it's true you don't have to tell us and embarrass yourself online but does it have fuel??

Check for spark by pulling a plug wire off the coil and hold it really close to back on again while someone cranks it and watch/listen for the spark (best done at night)

Stand at rear of car and have your head close to the gas tank, have someone else turn the ignition to on but not crank it, you should hear the pump whine for a second as it primes itself, if not it's dead, or the inertia switch in the trunk has tripped, it's located on the left side in the trunk behind the side panel trim, press down on the button, if it does not move that's not the problem.

04 3.9l Convertible- Daily driver
94 5.0l Convertible- Work in progress
92 5.0l Hatchback- Another work in progress
BabyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement