V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Sexy 2000 V6 w/5 speed I have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 06:13 PM
brshelton

Default Sexy 2000 V6 w/5 speed I have some questions

I just bought a SEXY 2000 Mustang V6 standard. With 174k miles.

It has headers, cat delete true dual to flowmaster 40's, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage 2 clutch, cam (not sure the specs), 3.73 gears, limited slip, 10mm plug wires....I got a deal that seems to good to be true.....i only paid $3600 for it. I have driven it 400 miles so far and nothing seems to be wrong but i was hoping that maybe yall could point me in the direction of some things to check as I am new to the Mustang.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:20 AM
JeffBall
1st Gear Member

Nice car! Welcome to the mustang world. Glad to have you here. Only thing I can really say, 3600 seems to be a little much, The KBB on these in very good condition is 3400. Me personally, Id replace all the fluids, Diff/tranny/motor/and coolant mainly. Maybe even shoot off an oil sample to blackstone labs. With these mods, the car was probably abused a little. However, these motors are pretty strong. I just sold my 2001 v6, with 243k (bought it with 180k) miles on her. Im 20 years old, had the car for 3 years...and not a day went by that she didnt hit the redline.... All in all, congratulations on the purchase, welcome to mustang forums...We have a great community here, all you need to do is ask (remember, search can be your best friend)
Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 AM
brshelton

Changing ALL the fluids was the first thing i did when i got her home. So i guess im on the right track! The coolant actually looked like it had been changed recently and the oil wasn't bad. But the tranny wasn't really a happy color it was more of a dark red/brown.....but she shifts fine so i guess its alright. But i do wonder.....does the interior rattle in all new edge mustang???

Thanks for the welcome and the reply!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:32 AM
JeffBall
1st Gear Member

Both the new edges ive owned have had a interior sound, mainly going over bumps...right behind the driver seat (i think its something to do with the seat belt but i never cared enough to trace it down) light squeak. What sort of rattle are you talking about?
Old 01-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

I had a pretty bad rattle coming from right above the radio and air vents. Turned out that i had bottemed out the car once and it hit the drive shaft causing it to go off kilter or whatever the tech term is. Once that was fixed it went away. Im not sure if this is the kind of vibrating your hearing
Old 01-27-2014, 11:28 PM
brshelton

Well.....my mustang was short lived. :'(

A tow truck blew an oil line and over a 1/4 mile stretch of highway was covered in oil....when you hit the breaks to keep from hitting said tow truck that is broke down in the lane of traffic all you do is slide....and well this is the end product. LUCKILY.....the police officer ruled it the truck drivers fault.....so now I begin the fight to get them to write me a big check. I love the car VERY much and fully intend on fixing it myself. Ive done quite a lot of body work so im fully capable of doing it myself.

Does anyone know of a website that i can choose the vehicle and it show me the entire front end of the car and i click the parts that i have to replace??? That would make this process a lot quicker. I can just walk in slam down a form on their desk and say give me this much.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 PM
JeffBall
1st Gear Member

Holy hell dude... Your okay right??? This makes me cringe... Im not sure of any website that does that...but from what i remember mrbodykit.com is pretty cheap when it comes to body parts... another member may have a better source. Ive only had to replace my header panel when it comes to body parts... I am so sorry about that dude... I know it hurts.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:49 PM
brshelton

Ya im fine. But seriously hating life right now! My back is a little sore.....its been about 8 hours since the wreck and my back is just now starting to get stiff. But Im gonna call their insurance company tomorrow and try and get all this rolling as quick as possible and make them give me a rental car to beat on for a few weeks.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:41 AM
tradosaurus
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by brshelton
Ya im fine. But seriously hating life right now! My back is a little sore.....its been about 8 hours since the wreck and my back is just now starting to get stiff. But Im gonna call their insurance company tomorrow and try and get all this rolling as quick as possible and make them give me a rental car to beat on for a few weeks.
Make sure you get checked out by a doctor. Get to the guy's insurance as quick as possible to pay for any lingering symptoms.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:38 AM
brshelton

Their insurance is refusing to pay for my medical bills. So it looks like we are going to have to go to court. Nothing ever goes the way you want it to.

Quick Reply: Sexy 2000 V6 w/5 speed I have some questions