Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs > V6 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
Cobbson

Vehicle: 1996, Mustang, Ragtop
Default '96 Mustang convertible questions...

I am fixing up a '96 Mustang Convertible 3.8. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you can help me with.

1- Where is the engine compartment light? The only thing I see underneath the hood is a cut-out in the insulation with a small black plastic box about half the size of a deck of playing cards. Is this where the bulb goes or am I missing something? Stupid huh?

2-The car did not come with a spoiler. I picked one up at the Pick-a-Part here in Las Vegas off the same exact same car, same color and everything. I assume it was either factory or a dealer add-on as it is a Ford part. Cost $18 would you believe and I have all the hardware
On the car I took it from there was no full gasket between the spoiler and the trunk, only small dime sized gaskets around the screws/washers. Should a full sized gasket be placed between the spoiler and the trunk? It appears that the small gaskets would keep water out, however they were all but disintegrated after all these years.

Any advice would be appreciated
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Cobbson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Sorry, but you're in the 2005-2014 section.
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

Moved

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Cobbson

Vehicle: 1996, Mustang, Ragtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Moved
This is the path my computer shows:

MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs > V6 General Discussion

Something is screwed up.
Cobbson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
BabyGT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 3.9 Vert & 1994 5.0 Vert
X757XVeritas

You can get some double sided 3m trim tape and stick to the spoiler surface that contacts the trunk, this will seal it just fine and you can trim it to the shape of the spoiler feet. And it shows that path now because a moderator moved it to the appropriate section for you.

As for the light I can't remember off hand, will have to look at my 94 when I get home. I can say that my 04 does not have a light under hood so I'm not sure if a 96 should either.

04 3.9l Convertible- Daily driver
94 5.0l Convertible- Work in progress
92 5.0l Hatchback- Another work in progress
BabyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:46 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement