V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Restoring my 99 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 03:36 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Restoring my 99 Mustang

Posted a few pics of the car before. But it's only been recently I started doing more restoration work to the car. Last weekend I put on a 65mm BBK throttle body and an SR performance intake. What should have been a quick job turned into a few house because one of the dumb little screws on the stock throttle body was stripped.......

My next little weekend project is replacing all the weather stripping on my doors. The leaks and whistling when driving is getting annoying. Will upload more photos as I get more done!

Need to fix
  • Valve on passenger​ side of the engine is noisy and needs replaced.
  • Needs a new T5 transmission
  • Needs new exhaust system, going to make it a true dual exhaust / longtubes & x-pipe.
  • Plastic rail that goes around the driver side door needs new clips.
  • Needs new rear third break light.

Want to do
  • Koni shocks & struts
  • Springs, lowering 2 inches
  • 19inch wheels
  • rebuild the engine for boost
  • Roush body kit "undecided on what rear wing to do"
  • Halo lights
  • Have the car wrapped "Burnt Orange or Matte Blue"
  • Redo the whole interior & add touch screen with bluetooth.
  • Rear axel, aluminum drive shaft
  • Upgrade the breaks
  • Cowl Hood / add heat extractors
Old 04-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

Cool, nice to see you keeping this one one the road and looking great! Btw, I replaced all of the rubber bushings in the suspension, they we all pretty worn out-caused a lot of clunks and rattles. I also replaced all of the rubber exhaust hangers, guess that won't matter if you replace the entire exhaust. 18" Wheels might be enough for you, 19" tires are expensive and harder to get that 18"s. Do you ever drive in snow/ice or run into potholes?
I was able to get a good exhaust off a GT, the brackets for the dual exhaust on the car match the V8 exhaust.
I just needed to fab the pipe from the headers to the exhaust-I think you can buy this now.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
Cool, nice to see you keeping this one one the road and looking great! Btw, I replaced all of the rubber bushings in the suspension, they we all pretty worn out-caused a lot of clunks and rattles. I also replaced all of the rubber exhaust hangers, guess that won't matter if you replace the entire exhaust. 18" Wheels might be enough for you, 19" tires are expensive and harder to get that 18"s. Do you ever drive in snow/ice or run into potholes?
I was able to get a good exhaust off a GT, the brackets for the dual exhaust on the car match the V8 exhaust.
I just needed to fab the pipe from the headers to the exhaust-I think you can buy this now.

Oh, yeah I never thought about replacing all the rubber bushings. I am sure it's something that needs to be done. Considering the last owner never once did a tune up or changed plugs or coils....... I am sure it's never had that done too. I had to put in a new radiator and overflow tank also. It was clogged with who knows what growing in it.

From what I have heard from people about it's exhaust. All I have to do is get v6 longtube headers and then any gt exhaust will work with it.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:46 AM
User 92421
IN JAIL!

definitely worth going for poly bushings, just make sure you lube them up good with appropriate lube.