Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Eibach sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:45 PM
youngmustanger
1st Gear Member

Default Eibach sway bars

Hi

My name is Phill Im new to this board. In past years my family and I have ownd four classic Mustangs, two 1965 coupes, (one V6,the other a 289) and two
1966 coupes (both V6's). My family restored these Mustangs and sold them. My family went for some years without a steed in our driveway untlill recently. My sister owns a 2003 3.8L V6, my brother owns a 2003 Mach1, and I have an 05 redfire V6. Now for my real post. I live about 30 min from sacramento CA, I found a guy who is selling a Eibach sway bar kit for $290. the kit includes front, and rear sway bars with all the hardware that I need. My question to all of you is, what do you think on the price, and qualety of this kit? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:09 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach sway bars

V6 those years??! you mean inline 6
Old 03-22-2006, 09:15 PM
youngmustanger
1st Gear Member

yes I meant inline 6. I was thinking of my car when I did the post above. Sorry.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:10 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

lol its alright
Old 03-22-2006, 10:11 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

its a crazy *** good deal!, and quality is top notch, everything from eibach is.. i got thier pro kit springs i love em!
Old 03-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

black foot i have and 05 v6 with 18x9 bullits and low-pro tires what do you reccomend i lower my car with and how much should i lower it. i also would like to maintain some comfort.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 PM
youngmustanger
1st Gear Member

Thanks alot for the info blackfoot.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:05 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Harry_F

black foot i have and 05 v6 with 18x9 bullits and low-pro tires what do you reccomend i lower my car with and how much should i lower it. i also would like to maintain some comfort.
i recomend the kit i got. eibach springs pro-kit. closes up the wheel well gap.. ill have pics for you guys friday night/saturday... tell me what you think after i post the pics.. it droped my front 1 inch and my rear 1.5 inch

there are a lot of other great companies out there too. but to be honest half of them ive never heard of before, dont quite have the rep eibach does.. now you could get steeda springs and such.. im not sure how low your car will go

to install the rear is really easy to do too. jack your car up, put it on jack stands on the rocker panel (there are notches where to put your stands) then once car is up on its 2 stands block the front tire lol then remove both rear tires.. with your jack placed under the diff (not on the edge of the diff cover.. )the diff has a wide bottom . jack it from there.. load up the suspension jsut a bit, unbolt the bottom bolt to your shocks, one on each side. the lower your jack.. on the side your on. pull axle down at the hub, just for that little extra play, and wiggle the spring till she breaks loose, remove it. and replace. do the same for the other side.. then jack diff back up. bolt the bottom shock bolts back on. put your tires back on and then lower your car. now here is the only issue i had. the car was too low to get the jack out.. either get a friend to lift at the wheel well, or do what i did cuz i was alone, i had 2 4x4 pieces of wodd handy lol... i layed one on the ground then put one end under the rocker and i steped on the elevated end to lift the car that little bit to pull the jack out lol

youll need the use of a spring compressor, if you dont have one, just bring it to the shop.. i could explain how to do that part too tho if you guys want
Old 03-23-2006, 01:38 PM
islandmustang
1st Gear Member

That is a good price for eibach sway bars. i live in the east bay area and go to sacramento mustang to get my stuff installed.

Here is my '05 v6 with eibach prokit, eibach sway bars, and tokico d-specs.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:49 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Are the sway bars easy to install?

You have a link to that retailer in Sacramento? I'm about an hour and a half south of the capital.

Quick Reply: Eibach sway bars