Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Official Power Adders Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default Official Power Adders Thread

Here's a partial list of power adders for the SN97 4.0 V6. I will update when new information is found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mods feel free to make this a sticky.

Nitrous
-----------------------------------------------
Zex

scrming's twins

This was made for the 2005 Mustang GT but works just fine for the V6. PowerHouse was the first(AFAIK) to use this on the V6 and ran as fast as 12.3 in the 1/4 with a 150 shot. Scrming and I then got Zex but scrming has been the real pioneer and has run as fast as 13.4 in the 1/4 with a 100 shot. More info about scrming's awesome steed here.

Availability: Now
Price: $540-600
Power increase: 75-175hp
Real world numbers: 286 RWHP/446 RWTQ@125 shot (scrming), 278.2 RWHP/362.1 RWTQ@100 shot (Rygen), 271RWHP/349RWTQ@100 shot (BlackLX4.0)
Pros:
  • Cheap speed, blower in a bottle. The basic kit is only $540.
  • No affect on day to day driving. Drives like a stocker when turned off so it doesn't affect gas mileage, etc.
  • Very safe for a nitrous kit.
Cons:
  • Not practical for the street. Requires separate tune for higher shots.
Recommended upgrades:
  • SCT-2 or Predator and tune.
  • Racer's kit
  • Upgraded injectors and fuel pump for 150+ shot.
  • Truetrac for 150+ shot.
  • Forged pistons for 150+ shot.
Nitrous Express

Availablity: Now.
Price: $560 for base kit, $1835.32 for complete kit including labor.
Power increase: 35-50-75-100-150HP
Pros:
Cons:
Suggested upgrades:

Turbo
-----------------------------------------------------------

PowerHouse single turbo

Still in development. PowerHouse has run a best of 11.80 in the 1/4 at 12PSI on a stock 4.0! PowerHouse has pushed the 4.0 farther and faster than anyone previously thought possible. Kits available will be: 7PSI(non-intercooled), 9PSI(intercooled) with only a spring change to boost to 12PSI. Kit will come with everything needed including injectors, fuel pump and tune.

Availablity: March 01, 2006
Price: $3,995.00 non-intercooled, $4,795.00 intercooled
Power increase: from 285RWHP on pump gas to 450RWHP on race gas
Pros:
Cons:
Suggested upgrades:

Supercharger
--------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer Express X-Charger

^^^Prototype^^^

Availablity: Early 2006.
Price: $3500(CA kit)-4100(49 state hi-po kit)
Power increase: 6-9PSI
Real world numbers: 248RWHP/262RWTQ@6PSI(Afixer)
Pros:
  • Easy install.
  • Instant power always available.
  • Self cooling.
Cons:
  • Non-intercooled.
Suggested upgrades:

Dashworks Powerdyne

Price: $3299 basic unit, Stage 2 $???
Power increase:6PSI/8-10PSI. Claimed 350FWHP/310RWHP.
Pros:
  • Intercooled.
  • Separate blower belt.
  • Self cooled.
  • Bosch bypass valve.
  • Includes injectors and SCT tuner with tune.
Cons:Suggested upgrades:

Procharger

Price: $3395.95 7PSI tuner kit, $3860.30 7PSI kit, $4136.80 9PSI kit.
New info! Flapjack sez: RPM Outlet Has the 9PSI, 3 core kit for $3809 shipped! This includes 42LB injectors, plugs, DiabloSport tuner and unlimited tune support!
Power increase: 7-11PSI, 45-70%
Real world numbers: 302.5RWHP/291RWTQ@7PSI(belial), 321RWHP/332RWTQ @9PSI(FlapJack)
Pros:
  • Self cooling.
  • Intercooled.
  • Sounds cool as heck. Makes the car go fast. Almost better than sex.(from belial) :-D
Cons:
  • Procharger problems
  • 7 PSI kit requires higher flow injectors (not included)
  • 9 PSI kit requires higher flow fuel pump (not included)
  • Both kits do not ship with a tune.
Suggested upgrades:

Vortech

Vortech H.O. System

MSP's Vortech
"Tuner" and "H.O" systems available now

Availablity: Now
Price: $2777.95-4,562.95
Power increase: 8-10PSI, 319FWHP *12PSI pulley available, not recommended by Vortech with a stock motor
Real world numbers: 303RWHP/309RWTQ@10PSI(MSP)

Pros:
  • Standard 3 year warranty
  • Predator tuner included
  • Both systems now 50-state smog legal.
Cons:
  • Taps into the oil pan for cooling.
Suggested upgrades:
Old 06-05-2006, 09:21 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Official Power Adders Thread

Hey Admins... not trying to be rude, but... sticky this!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:25 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

that's pretty good man. Thanks!

That should be a sticky but I gotta ask you guys.... how come everyone on here is always swinging off "Powerhouse Turbos's" nuts?!?! Someone is always mentioning the name and I don't say anything about it because I don't think we have a sponsor who competes with them but they sure do get alot of free advertising on here....which is cool as long as there is no conflict.

Are they paying any of you guys to mention them? Do any of you know the guys at powerhouse? It would be great to have them as an official sponsor.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yeah this definetely needs to be stickied!
ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Hey Admins... not trying to be rude, but... sticky this!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:19 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

That should be a sticky but I gotta ask you guys.... how come everyone on here is always swinging off "Powerhouse Turbos's" nuts?!?! Someone is always mentioning the name and I don't say anything about it because I don't think we have a sponsor who competes with them but they sure do get alot of free advertising on here....which is cool as long as there is no conflict.

Are they paying any of you guys to mention them? Do any of you know the guys at powerhouse? It would be great to have them as an official sponsor.
I think some of the "nut swinging" as you put it is due to Powerhouse being the only guys that we know of that have made a turbo for the 4.0.

I am still not sure if STS or any of the other turbo companies have something for the 4.0.

Granted, someone could (and they did try, I can't remember who, was it Blackfoot) tried to make a turbo set-up themselves, but it was too costly. A turbo kit is much better.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

I really don't get your post. I included all of the power adders for the 4.0. People love the PH turbo because turbos are the most efficient FI and PH is the only game in town. I posted this over here by request.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:18 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Nice job man, thanx for puting them all side by side!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:16 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

im the nut swinger lol. Its really simple. Most power for the boost, track proven and tested before its even sold to the public. Huge amounts of R&D. No 'claims of hp' just dyno sheets and track times. What else can you ask for?

EDIT: Ill make this very clear, im not gettin paid by them in anyway, ive actually already spent hundreds with them, and soon to be thousands.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:27 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

nice post but he has to swap out that ugly green pic for a pretty yellow one! LOL

Old 06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

actually i dont think any of us are getting paid were all just jazzed about this stuff and want to share. yea my car wont go as fast as todd or johns but it looks sooo darn sexy IMO and for how i drive its just right so if im baby bear i am ok with that. cuz this car is hell on whells in my opinion! mike read into it what you may, but we all just want the word out. 4.0 is alive and kicking HEAR US ROAR!

Quick Reply: Official Power Adders Thread