Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Tri-Bar Pony Center Caps Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 10:30 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default New Tri-Bar Pony Center Caps Installed

Well, got home from visiting family in NC today, and what do you know, I still have 2.5 hours of daylight left. Sweet!!!! Time to take those cheesy *** king cobra center caps off my Black Bullitts and replace them with my black tri-bar pony center caps.

So, my son helped me do it, then we wash the car and take some pics. I think they look so much better then before. Here are the results:

Before:

After (yes, I’m a picture *****, go ahead..say it!!!):

So, let me know what you think!!! I think it looks way better than the cheesy king cobra emblems the tires came with.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: New Tri-Bar Pony Center Caps Installed

Much better! When I see the King Cobra's I think Mustang II and a really nasty 40oz of malt liquor.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:34 PM
replica gt350

very nice...very nice. i love the overall style of your whip. i have one quick question though. the link on your site for the gt grill and fog lights doesn't work. did the site close or something?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:38 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Hey Todd, what size are your rims? I got the same caps, makes them look so much better!
Old 06-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

I have the same Caps as you, I hated the cobras so I ordered the caps from Kevin and when I got them I went to pep boys to rotate the tires and had them put the caps on at the same time, the caps go all the way in which was weird cause my cobra caps were flush with the wheel but there supposed to be like that, I got used to them and they look awesome! Way better than those friggin cobra caps! LOL!
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: replica gt350

very nice...very nice. i love the overall style of your whip. i have one quick question though. the link on your site for the gt grill and fog lights doesn't work. did the site close or something?
Yea, I need to get the new link. The first GT grille I had was from West Coast Performance Parts, they are no more. And the second kit I got, a complete GT take off kit from Casco, they changed thier site around a bit.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bscottie

Hey Todd, what size are your rims? I got the same caps, makes them look so much better!
Thanks, my rims are 17x9's.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:48 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

I have the same Caps as you, I hated the cobras so I ordered the caps from Kevin and when I got them I went to pep boys to rotate the tires and had them put the caps on at the same time, the caps go all the way in which was weird cause my cobra caps were flush with the wheel but there supposed to be like that, I got used to them and they look awesome! Way better than those friggin cobra caps! LOL!
Yep!!! I got my caps from Kevin too, he provides all my ford parts, even my muffler hangers. For those of you that need it, here is his email addy:

Clevparts@aol.com
Old 06-11-2006, 11:10 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: replica gt350

GT350, I went ahead and fixed all the links. I put up links to T2 and to Casco that work.

Cheers!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:13 PM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

I was thinking of the Tri-bar too. Mine came w/ the King Cobra's as well, but they don't look too bad w/ my color, and I don't have any Tri-Bars on my car atm. B/c of the 05 non-Pony Package, but I like it, makes it look cleaner imo.
Anyways, how much did they cost you total? I've ran across several prices.

Quick Reply: New Tri-Bar Pony Center Caps Installed