Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Did anyone remove/upgrade their shaker sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:13 PM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

Default Did anyone remove/upgrade their shaker sound system?

Just curious if anybody changed out or upgraded their Shaker. It's a decent sound system and all, but I had better quality speakers and a box with a cooler display in my last car. I just don't like the way factory radio looks, I like lots of electronic lights and all those cool display features So who removed the shaker from their car or replaced parts of it?
Old 08-03-2006, 09:58 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Did anyone remove/upgrade their shaker sound system?

i didnt have the shaker , but i did remove my system for an alpine system.. HUGE difference. also gave me a small space bellow my stereo, to put stuff in
Old 08-03-2006, 10:13 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

+1 i did the same thing and put an alpine in.
ORIGINAL: blackfoot

i didnt have the shaker , but i did remove my system for an alpine system.. HUGE difference. also gave me a small space bellow my stereo, to put stuff in
Old 08-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

+2, LOL! Did the same and I also put in an Alpine CDA-9855 Head Unit.
ORIGINAL: LisaJ429

+1 i did the same thing and put an alpine in.
ORIGINAL: blackfoot

Old 08-03-2006, 10:42 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

you can put in a double din 6.7 or 7" dvd indash player if you want.

the door speakers are 8" subs or you can downsize to 6.5" mids, and then where the 5x7 area is you can fit a 4" with a 1" tweeter. and take out the back speakers and put subs in. which their are endless possibilities for subs and boxes on which way you want it to be.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yepp, that's going to be my next project is getting a double din in dash dvd w./navigation, if only i had 2k
Old 08-03-2006, 11:33 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

How do these units work? I hear a lot of people talk about a "head". Is this just the player part and radio, without the amp? And how is it that you can buy an Alpine and get the wires to match up with the Mustang? Has the wiring been standardized? Same for the hole size the radio fits in. How do you get it to fit? Is this standardized?

Any good sites out there that detail all the latest car radio standards and technologies??
Old 08-03-2006, 11:43 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

people callthem head units.. people around here often like to call them decks..

to get them to fit, you need a new deck plate or face plate how ever you want to call it

no wiring for audio did not get standardized.. but basic electrical skills will get your system pumping.. for best results get an installer to do it for you.. that way there is no fudge ups

heres mine

Old 08-03-2006, 11:46 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

around here... i mean ottawa
Old 08-04-2006, 12:02 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

what a timely topic! I had the Shaker 1000 and just put in a Pioneer A/V unit: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...089338,00.html

I keep all the Shaker speakers and subs/amps. They sound GREAT! Much better than I expected!!! So the weak point of the shaker seems to be the headunit (deck). I really can't believe how good the stock shaker speakers sound with the pioneer! Especially now that I have more subwoofer control than just on/off! LOL! The high pass really made a difference too... the sound is lot crisper.. not so muddy... I was figuring I would have to upgrade my speakers... but dang they sound good enough mre me!!! LOL!

Of course you know I'll have to get one of these to go with it: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...089326,00.html

To replace the headunit on a Shaker 1000 (possibly 500???) you'll need one of these harnesses: http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/104683/70-5521.html

BTW... did i mention how good the Pioneer sounds! LOL!

[IMG]local://upfiles/21829/2F93AB5C13A5456287A18F3534B8CFD2.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Did anyone remove/upgrade their shaker sound system?