Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

BURNOUT IN AUTOMATIC (how does everyone do it?)

Old 08-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #21
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to chavalo_nm1
Default RE: BURNOUT IN AUTOMATIC (how does everyone do it?)

I live in an apartment and our parking area is just loose gravel and when im leaving and even hit the gas a little bit it digs into the gravel.....many have gave me looks like im doing in on purpose. lol.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

chavalo_nm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:31 PM   #22
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ive just lost a **** load of IQ points listening to you guys.. reverse to D... neutral drops... i hope your car breaks.. im sorry i dont care if your mustang owners.. if you do that you dont deserve your car
hurst short throw
steel breaided brake lines
GT front brakes and front sway bar
CDC black billet grill
Spyn ZX rims
C&L intake and SCT tune
BBK X-pipe
xenon rear window scoops
eibach pro-kit
Dual GT take offs

1970 convertible, 460 SCJ ( yeah I said 460 scj) and lots of other goodies
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:36 PM   #23
XtacY
1st Gear Member

Realize that by choosing an automatic you gave up most racing aspects of your car. No burnouts and no red lining. If you want these things get a manual.
XtacY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #24
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

uhhhhh, hold the brake down, floor the gas and slowly release the brake untill you hear rubber burning, keep letting out till you get to the point of front brake adhesion....... thats what i did with my grand marquis anyways
powerProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #25
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: XtacY

Realize that by choosing an automatic you gave up most racing aspects of your car. No burnouts and no red lining. If you want these things get a manual.
thats the most ignorant comment ever

and to the rest of you.. you guys suck at life.. the auto in the s197 is a ver reputable transmission.. and with a tune alone , the car will dust the manuals..

i own a manual so im not biased
hurst short throw
CDC black billet grill
Spyn ZX rims
C&L intake and SCT tune
BBK X-pipe
xenon rear window scoops
eibach pro-kit
Dual GT take offs

Old 08-18-2006, 11:19 PM   #26
mister ed
1st Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: XtacY

That certainly isn't true. A little more effort when your stock, but nothing that can't be overcome. And I let up, could have been 3-4 more parking spaces longer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/43325/92E5EE1031504E56B9BD77348D72B80B.jpg[/IMG]
mister ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:23 PM   #27
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang 4.0
Send a message via AIM to workshop4ever

im sure an auto s197 with a tune would not beat a manual s197 with the same tune. And if you do nuetral drops and reverse to drive drops, well then you are the ones that suck at life. It doesn't matter how great your tranny is and how dependable it is. A nuetral drop will destroy it real quick. Although I wouldnt go as far to say that buying an auto is losing your rights to racing and having fun. I know plenty of racers that are auto, even a bunch on here. In fact, its much more consistent. Yes it may not prove whos the better driver, but its still fun as hell. Who really cares whos the best?

Mods:
-xCharger #32 - hiPo 3.0
-Pypes Performance x-pipe dual exhaust conversion attached to dual GT mufflers

Mods in the works:
V8 Swap
workshop4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #28
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bennihill

for once i agree with you blackfoot (on the whole taking care of your car thing, performance wise and abusing the internals). they don't deserve to have their cars.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:32 AM   #29
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

oy vey:P
powerProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #30
RammerJammer

Our cars are not bullet-proof. Everyone that revs and slams or reverses and slams are nuts and must have rich parents or other wise very deep pockets. Because maybe not today, but one day you will leave your tranny on the pavement![sm=nothatway.gif]
Old 08-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #31
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Well what about rental cars? My buddy came back out here from iraq, and had a dodge stratus....fully insured, of course!
Well, he was slightly intoxicated, so I decided to drift a FWD car....Poor rear tires had so many flatspots....
But i would be going 30 mph, throw it in neutral, rev to 5k, and throw it in drive!
Did a few reverse 180's, and a few forward 270's!

Poor car....We (not me this time) actually crashed into a curb, both front tires went up the curb.......There was not one scratch on the bumper, tires were barely scuffed....I wonder why to this day....
Old 08-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #32
petepete
5th Gear Member

ok ok ill give you the secret. first get your boost at about 7 psi and then floor it lol :P

4.0L 2005 Mustang Supercharged
petepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #33
TJ
4th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: petepete

ok ok ill give you the secret. first get your boost at about 7 psi and then floor it lol :P
Hey petepete since you already had two Mustang (Procharger & Vortech) s/c 4.0’s, how do you get 7psi of boost with a auto to floor it off the line to per burn out when they don’t start making kind of boost till around 3500 rpm or higher?
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #34
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Interesting discussion on the merits of an auto vs a manual when drag racing. Generally, all things being even, if the stick can hole shot the automatic and doesn't miss a shift it will win. Again generally, if the automatic stays with him out of the hole the automatic will win due to faster more consistent shifts. Want the best of both worlds? Google clutchflite. I've don't have personal knowledge of anyone doing this with a Ford automatic, but it could probably be done. The other option the automatic driver has is a higher stall speed torque converter. The torque converter change will go a long way toward eliminating the sticks advantage and would be much simpler than modifying the transmission to accept a clutch assembly.

Of course the other way of looking at the clutchflite is that it has all the disadvantages of both the stick and automatic.

Here's a paragraph from a Hot Rod Magazine article on hot rodding 30 years ago...

In drivetrains, automatics were only beginning to find a following. B&M was the premier automatic builder, with the torque converter the biggest drawback. This led to the proliferation of ClutchFlite and Clutch Hydro automatics, which fitted a clutch to the automatic and replaced the converter. This was the era when hot rodders reviled slush box automatics, a time when a real man would drive only a four-speed. HOT ROD was full of “crash box” techniques to produce quicker shifts.

Whole article: http://www.hotrod.com/thehistoryof/1...t_rod_history/

Oh yeah, and forget any of the suggestions about slamming the automatic into gear.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #35
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

Hey petepete since you already had two Mustang (Procharger & Vortech) s/c 4.0’s, how do you get 7psi of boost with a auto to floor it off the line to per burn out when they don’t start making kind of boost till around 3500 rpm or higher?

[/quote]

Just keep it at redline!!! LOL nah

Like 3500rpm is about 1psi for me with my procharger I get up to 6psi at like 5500 - 6000 rpm. I don't think I get the full 6 in first and second though, more like 5psi I believe. 3rd and 4th get the full 6psi . I'll haft to check it again!!! LOL[8D]
JBA Exhaust (X pipe)
JBA Headers
ADC Custom Tune
Steeda Shifter
CHE LCA's, UCA
CHE K-member Brace(to be installed)
3:73's & tlok
PH Driveshaft
ricklmesa@cox.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:46 AM   #36
d2honeyz

Turn off traction control, hold brake, hit gas, (put a chip in it, it makes a difference) ease off break. where did you ever get a stupid idea to do a nuetral drop or reverse and hit drive? you won't have to worry about burnouts, as the transmission will be gone.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #37
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

To the guy that laughed at my first post (page one), I happen to like my Mustang way too much to abuse the sh@t out of it and blow the transmission or a rod. Maybe mommy and daddy will pay for it, but I've worked way to hard to mistreat my Stang that way. As you get older maybe you'll start appreciating things more (hopefully).
Tom
K+N Drop in
Someday maybe:JBA Headers
YES MY LAST NAME REALLY IS FORD
RICERS ARE TRASH
laughatrice.com
Thomas Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #38
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe
Send a message via ICQ to McBudd Send a message via AIM to McBudd Send a message via Yahoo to McBudd

I am not one that gets into the whole burning out thing and I don't have any performance mods on my car. I can tell you that the '06 autos will burn out. I was trying to pull out into traffic and got tired of waiting for a gap in traffic, so when i noticed a tiny hole I floored it and my tires barked and did a burnout. Not what I wanted to do, but my point is they did.

06 Legend Lime Premium Pony Package with Interior Upgrade, Sunroof, Hood Scoop, Side Window Louvers and Sequential Tail Lights.
McBudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #39
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to chuckcsf

That same thing happend to me last week. I don't know how I did it but I did do a burn out. This was the very first time that it happend and I could never do it again. I guess its how you work the gas? I'm all stock also so it couldn't have been the tuner. It was around 1pm and it was sunny and around 90 out.

SSM Stage 3 package $1550
SSM Custom Cams $550
SSM Forged Pistons $750
SSM Billet Aluminum Rods $1100
SSM Exhaust System Package $995
T-Lok
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:37 PM   #40
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Quote:

Just keep it at redline!!! LOL nah

Like 3500rpm is about 1psi for me with my procharger I get up to 6psi at like 5500 - 6000 rpm. I don't think I get the full 6 in first and second though, more like 5psi I believe. 3rd and 4th get the full 6psi . I'll haft to check it again!!! LOL[8D]
id get a smaller pully and have a wastegate purge off extra air at certain psi... 1psi at 3500.. im sorry.. but to me thats not worth the money.. i would want to see atleast 5-8 psi at that rpm.. then it being maintained for the reast of the rpm range
hurst short throw
CDC black billet grill
Spyn ZX rims
C&L intake and SCT tune
BBK X-pipe
xenon rear window scoops
eibach pro-kit
Dual GT take offs

Old 08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1st, auto, automatic, automatics, bad, burn, burnout, burnouts, camaro, gear, instructions, make, mustang, sutomatic, v6