Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BURNOUT IN AUTOMATIC (how does everyone do it?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 07:24 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: BURNOUT IN AUTOMATIC (how does everyone do it?)

I live in an apartment and our parking area is just loose gravel and when im leaving and even hit the gas a little bit it digs into the gravel.....many have gave me looks like im doing in on purpose. lol.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:31 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ive just lost a **** load of IQ points listening to you guys.. reverse to D... neutral drops... i hope your car breaks.. im sorry i dont care if your mustang owners.. if you do that you dont deserve your car
Old 08-18-2006, 08:36 PM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

Realize that by choosing an automatic you gave up most racing aspects of your car. No burnouts and no red lining. If you want these things get a manual.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:41 PM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

uhhhhh, hold the brake down, floor the gas and slowly release the brake untill you hear rubber burning, keep letting out till you get to the point of front brake adhesion....... thats what i did with my grand marquis anyways
Old 08-18-2006, 08:48 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XtacY

Realize that by choosing an automatic you gave up most racing aspects of your car. No burnouts and no red lining. If you want these things get a manual.
thats the most ignorant comment ever

and to the rest of you.. you guys suck at life.. the auto in the s197 is a ver reputable transmission.. and with a tune alone , the car will dust the manuals..

i own a manual so im not biased
Old 08-18-2006, 11:19 PM
mister ed
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XtacY

That certainly isn't true. A little more effort when your stock, but nothing that can't be overcome. And I let up, could have been 3-4 more parking spaces longer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/43325/92E5EE1031504E56B9BD77348D72B80B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-18-2006, 11:23 PM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

im sure an auto s197 with a tune would not beat a manual s197 with the same tune. And if you do nuetral drops and reverse to drive drops, well then you are the ones that suck at life. It doesn't matter how great your tranny is and how dependable it is. A nuetral drop will destroy it real quick. Although I wouldnt go as far to say that buying an auto is losing your rights to racing and having fun. I know plenty of racers that are auto, even a bunch on here. In fact, its much more consistent. Yes it may not prove whos the better driver, but its still fun as hell. Who really cares whos the best?
Old 08-19-2006, 12:25 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

for once i agree with you blackfoot (on the whole taking care of your car thing, performance wise and abusing the internals). they don't deserve to have their cars.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:32 AM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

oy vey:P
Old 08-19-2006, 09:34 AM
RammerJammer

Our cars are not bullet-proof. Everyone that revs and slams or reverses and slams are nuts and must have rich parents or other wise very deep pockets. Because maybe not today, but one day you will leave your tranny on the pavement![sm=nothatway.gif]

Quick Reply: BURNOUT IN AUTOMATIC (how does everyone do it?)