Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Wife looking at '05--what to check??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 05:03 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Wife looking at '05--what to check??

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

well after i thought about it i checked and the ones is aw are 6yr 75,000 miles powertrain stuff so its a real good deal for the 06 and pretty much the same price of the 05 -- 05 was the 1st production year and as alot of us 05ers can tell they definately had problems so going a year up might be better just for that sake
The warranty offered free of charge for remaining '06 Ford vehicles is 5-year/60,000-mile with a $100 deductible:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/features...ex.asp?id=1540
Old 08-19-2006, 08:27 AM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

$15900 is way overpriced for a used 05 mustang. On ebay they sell at $14000 daily.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Blooze

Thanks for the resposes. We're going to look around this weekend some more. The lot that has the 05 is only the second place we've looked and where the wife decided she'd probably like to have a Mustang. We'll look at 06', but would like to stay under the $17K mark before TTL and all that.

By the way, from what I've seen listed in our area, $15,900 is a pretty good deal for a used 05 with only 11K miles. Most have 25K+miles and they are asking $19K+.

I do like the idea of the longer warranty though, and the price difference between the 05 and adding a couple years of warranty onto it and getting an 06 are probably negligible.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:19 PM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

Well IMO, if you are going to give them $1900 more for a used car, you may as well get a new one. With all the rebates and incentives going on you can get a new 06 for pretty cheap. Plus you get lower interest rates on new cars. Oh and you won't find a used 05 at a dealership for 14k, they overprice everything. There are lots on ebay right now at that price being sold by private sellers or auto auctions.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Blooze

We went and looked at every '06 in town at the dealers today. Only one was to my wife's liking and we had them do searches from elsewhere as well. There were only a handful in town.

The one we looked at has ABS, premium interior, Shaker 500, power everything. With a $1500 rebate the best we could get them to was $22.5K and that includes taxes (which was $1600) and everything. Final price before taxes and whatnot was $21K, Edmunds quoted $21,2K for our area. They are going to hold it for us till end of the day Tues.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:44 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

So if she gets it are ya gunna mod it out??
Old 08-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Blooze

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Um, probably not. Because if she gets this then I get to start looking at used Harley's! She's not into the performance thing at all. She just really likes the look and handling of the Mustang. Fell in love with it from the first time behind the wheel.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:13 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blooze

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Um, probably not. Because if she gets this then I get to start looking at used Harley's! She's not into the performance thing at all. She just really likes the look and handling of the Mustang. Fell in love with it from the first time behind the wheel.
My wife did the same thing. Had to beg her to test drive one. About 15 mins. into the test drive she was cussing me out because now she had to have one. Have not regreated it for even a Second.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Blooze

Well, this one is not quite that fancy, but it's nice. She's been stuck with the family car since we started on 12 years ago. She's had the '92 Civic and now the '96 Explorer (which we'll keep as the family wagon since it's been paid for and still runs good), so she's due for a car of her choosing I think. I've had my pickups over the years so it's definitely her turn. We'll see come Tues whether she pulls the trigger or not. Who knows!
Old 08-20-2006, 02:12 PM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blooze

We went and looked at every '06 in town at the dealers today. Only one was to my wife's liking and we had them do searches from elsewhere as well. There were only a handful in town.

The one we looked at has ABS, premium interior, Shaker 500, power everything. With a $1500 rebate the best we could get them to was $22.5K and that includes taxes (which was $1600) and everything. Final price before taxes and whatnot was $21K, Edmunds quoted $21,2K for our area. They are going to hold it for us till end of the day Tues.

You can negotiate with dealers. They might come out and say this is the deal, but they also want to make a nice big fat commission. Sounds like they're charging you MSRP on an 06 minus the rebate. Go in next time, be firm (remember you are the customer) and tell them you will give them invoice for it, minus the rebates. If they say no, walk out and watch them try to stop you. Many dealers are selling the 06s at invoice now because there's so many and the 07s are almost here.

Quick Reply: Wife looking at '05--what to check??