Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

is a muffler ricey??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:55 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: is a muffler ricey??

Yea I know. I just get mad about narrow mindedness... sorry.

You know after I wrote it I figured it was staged or else he probably wouldn't allow him to take a picture.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: one_focused_svt

ORIGINAL: scrming
Putting a good aftermarket muffler is a great mod for our V6's... Free up about 10RWHP... a bit more if you go with the MRT...
yeah right, keep dreaming lol! We dont' get any HP gain with axel back on our V8's never mind the V6 lol. you do realize that 10RWHP is like a 15 crank gain right, man some of u crack me up, lol. i respect everybody on here but why would u modify the crap put of a V6, u should have bought a V8 then u'd be hauling some serious ***. rant over.
It's been proven on multiple dyno's... The stock V6 muffler is horrible restrictive...

Please post your latest time slip... and the cost of all your mods to get that ET... Rygen ran a 12.8 for the cost of a stock GT... and with all the money you spent on modding your GT you should be running low 12's...
Old 10-12-2006, 09:31 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

Yea I know. I just get mad about narrow mindedness... sorry.

You know after I wrote it I figured it was staged or else he probably wouldn't allow him to take a picture.

It's beyond simple narrow mindedness... he suffers from terminal rectal-cranial inversion...
Old 10-12-2006, 09:33 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

I was thnking of a tune for the stock airbox, but went ahead and put the intake back on.

There are lots of noisy jerkmobiles around where I live, I just don't want to be associated with them. I really haven't heard any v6's with non-stock exhausts, but the way I see it if it makes a racket and gives you performance you can only see on a dyno, it's kind of ricey IMO.

But, to each their own. I've decided my car will be a cruiser, not a dragster. Rygen and scrmng and their ilk will always run circles around me, so best I can do is a smoother ride with neater gizmos.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:56 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

It's beyond simple narrow mindedness... he suffers from terminal rectal-cranial inversion...
+1, You're THE MAN!
Old 10-13-2006, 06:08 PM
white05stang

Thought I would share my story,

A week ago the ups man delivered my MAC stainless axle back muffler that was advertised to give my car a deeper , throatier sound……………wrong !!!!!! it sounded ok at idle, with a decent rumble but anything over 1200 rpm sounded like domestic rice , needless to say I put the stock muffler back on last night and chalked it up as a $180 lesson learned. I was almost ashamed to drive it, it sounded so bad.

Anyone have a suggestion of something else to try ???
Old 10-13-2006, 06:12 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: white05stang

Thought I would share my story,

A week ago the ups man delivered my MAC stainless axle back muffler that was advertised to give my car a deeper , throatier sound……………wrong !!!!!! it sounded ok at idle, with a decent rumble but anything over 1200 rpm sounded like domestic rice , needless to say I put the stock muffler back on last night and chalked it up as a $180 lesson learned. I was almost ashamed to drive it, it sounded so bad.

Anyone have a suggestion of something else to try ???

My MRT write up including pics, dyno and video... http://www.v6john.com/Main/Performan.../axle_back.htm

Old 10-13-2006, 09:03 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

One focused svt
yeah right, keep dreaming lol! We dont' get any HP gain with axel back on our V8's never mind the V6 lol. you do realize that 10RWHP is like a 15 crank gain right, man some of u crack me up, lol. i respect everybody on here but why would u modify the crap put of a V6, u should have bought a V8 then u'd be hauling some serious ***. rant over.
one focused svt man you crack me up here is some proof for you on a dyno by switching to a GT muffler the V6 picked up 10 rwhp and 6 rwhq this was done by Justin from VMP who is a respected tuner.

Justin VMP
Then I pulled the muffler off, 11rwhp and 7rwtq on top of the CAI, no loss in mid range. Pulled the catback tube off (after the Y pipe), lost TQ. Put the GT muffler on, lost about 1rwhp and 1rwtq over no muffler.
http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25551

one focused svt
i respect everybody on here but why would u modify the crap put of a V6, u should have bought a V8 then u'd be hauling some serious ***. rant over.
Some of these guys couldn’t afford the GT whether it be MSPR, insurance or bought a V6 for other reasons. But what’s nice you can throw on a Powerhouse turbo, t-lok, LCA’s on these V6’s to run 11's and 12's and be able to out run about 98% of the Mustang GT’s stock, modded or even some with super chargers on the road for possibly less money not bad if you ask me.

($5-6K savings ver's a GT, some save $1,000.00 plus in insurance every year which is also nice.)

The V6 Mustangs are capable of running 11’s and 12’s with a PH turbo and the motors, auto tranny and rear ends are holding up quite well, I can’t say the same for the 4.6’s from what I read I have noticed a lot of blown 4.6’s with power adders I mean rod’s, piston (and or piston land) etc in the GT forums.

You could also just pick up a V6 throw on only a X Charger supercharger (mid 13's ) 13.70's with a stock open rear end for around $4K and would out run all stock GT's, and some with mild bolt on and still possibly pay less than the cost of a GT plus savings on insurance once again not bad.
(same with the Vortech or Procharger)

The V6 is a very capable platform.

No offense to you just responding to your comments above.

Sidenote

For the record I think someone posted Rygns PH turbo best time was 12.80 in this thread actaully its a 12.40 ET for now..
Old 10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

you know why your MAC's sounded ricey? Because MAC sucks lol. Even the MAC LT headers are garbage lol. If you're doing single muffler go MRT all the way. Sorry to here that man.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:03 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

I got a magnaflow and it sounds pretty good especially when u get on it. Feels faster too

Quick Reply: is a muffler ricey??