Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CS 6 Shelby parts ordered

Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default CS 6 Shelby parts ordered

I like the PS (w/Shelby parts) I posted of my car in the other forum and decide to go ahead and pull the trigger and put the hood, heat extractor grill for the hood, hood pins, stripes and wheels on my car. So I called to order everything The wheels they don’t have and can’t get and the stripes only come in a complete kit so I will have to find a place to do the stripes. So I ordered the CS6 hood, heat extractor, and hood pins.

I talked to Jason from Hillbank I ask if in stock and if not how long of a wait, he said they have about 100-150 coming in next Tuesday or Wednsday if they get a least 130 and mine will be shipped from that order. I said what if you only get a hundred in he said the following week they have another shipment coming in and I would be on that order. So we will see I hope is what he telling me is up front.

We talked about S/C IMO he gave me good prices on the Paxton and the Vortech, first according to Jason there is a difference between the Vortech and Paxton. The Paxton runs a different Voloute which able to flow more air (cfm’s) and according to him will produce more rwhp than a Vortech. I am not taking that as gospel yet as I will research this but we did work what I think are very good prices.

Vortect high polished without the tuner & fuel pump $3,400.00
Paxton complete kit.----------------------------------$3,995.00

I don’t know what I am going to do for FI yet kind of waiting on TMA turbo info, PH turbo? and will also research what he said about the Paxton.

One guy in a Shelby forum posted he received his hood and the fit and quality was excellent so we will see I will let you guys know when I receive the goods.

I was wondering do you guys know of anyone here or other Mustang forums who also has this hood so I could see what there opinion was also besides the guy at the Shelby forum?

I will post pictures and comments when its on the car.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:35 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CS 6 Shelby parts odered

been waiting for my cs6 grille for about 3 weeks nice people though so well see o_o
Old 09-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Good luck, keep us informed as to how things go. Also pictures of the stuff when it arrives would be nice as would a photo journal of the installation.

Edit: Check this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43960. $996.00 (249.00 ea) vs HillBank's 1100.00 (275.00 ea) And they are saying shipping for 8.95.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

Good luck, keep us informed as to how things go. Also pictures of the stuff when it arrives would be nice as would a photo journal of the installation.

Edit: Check this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43960. $996.00 (249.00 ea) vs HillBank's 1100.00 (275.00 ea) And they are saying shipping for 8.95.

There are 3 different CS6 choices the Silver Razors, Chrome Razors and painted Gun metal Razors those are the gun metal I like the Silver, but on a side note talked to a authorize rep for American racing suppose to call me tomorrow on some wheels.

I will take pictures just hope he is not pulling my leg how long before I get it.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:35 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Jason peaked my interest on the Paxton Novi 1200 S/C of course I know Vortech and Paxton merged and read guys say they are the same S/C but did a little research. The Paxton S/C head is different than the Vortech V2 for one the gear setup is different than the Vortech, the volute according to Jason is suppose also big bigger but haven't found any info on that yet. I don't know what to believe think we are going to need dynos for this one.

I really know nothing about the Paxtons, he claimed 30 more HP vs the Vortech but I did find this article on a Mustang saying the Paxton put out more power on this 2003 Mustang than the Vortech.

Based on a Mustang GT, the Q400 features a relatively traditional roster of components elevating every aspect of performance. Under the bulging hood is a Vortech centrifugal supercharger, K&N Filter Charger, and FRPP 80mm Mass Air Meter with 70mm throttle body. Fuel is supplied via twin Bosch pumps, and the engine exhales through Steeda-spec Borla 2.5-inch stainless pipes and mufflers. For an extra $1000, the customer can choose a Paxton Novi 2000 blower with a higher peak output, as on our test car.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._ford_mustang/

If anyone knows any differences if you could post.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:41 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

been waiting for my cs6 grille for about 3 weeks nice people though so well see o_o
Yea I have to agree very nice (excellant) customer service per Jason I think we were on the phone for about 30-40 minutes also he called Vortech for me on questions & pricing while I was on the phone.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:38 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

sick rims!, i shoudl be able to get cost on those
Old 09-27-2006, 02:37 AM
QuickSilver4.0L
1st Gear Member

I love the rims, and wheels, but I wasn't going to pay that much for a signature!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:24 AM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

I ordered the whole appearance (including hood, front fascia, etc) kit 2 months ago and I still haven’t got a ship date... I hope my stuff ships with the next batch... as for your stuff, I wouldn't hold my breath.[&:]
Old 09-27-2006, 03:28 AM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: QuickSilver4.0L

I love the rims, and wheels, but I wasn't going to pay that much for a signature!
How do they ride? Im kinda worried about the 20s...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CS 6 Shelby parts ordered