Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Max HP from NA V6....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:21 PM
vb101
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Max HP from NA V6....

It all depends on what your base hp is. Not every car is the same. I don't know exactly what my base hp was before I had the headers installed, I have a manual btw, but after all the bolt ons (Steeda CAI, MAC shortie headers, JBA true duals with h-pipe, and 93 octane dyno tune) I was only getting 200 hp at the wheels. That's a bit low for a manual. I should be getting about 205 at least. The good thing is my car has a bit more torque than usual at about 237 lb/ft. So for a manual with all the bolt ons, including and UDP, you could expect anywhere from 210 to 215 hp and about 225 to 240 lb/ft of torque. Anything more than that would require head work and/or cams. I plan on getting PnP heads and some cams this spring.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:33 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

the idea behind my post is to demonstrate power from a NA on a budget. Max that I spent so far on C&L & X-cal2 , Magnaflow, drivehsaft and royal purple oil is $1250 and thats extra 25-30rwhp. I only want to spend maybe a little more like on wires and maybe UDP. I do have front and rear sway bars but thats less than $200 on handeling mods. Spending another $3600 on supercharger is not what I had in mind now since I could just purchase a GT. I want a reliable commuter car and as much as I dream of a supercharger, my car can do 0-60 in about 6 sec and thats the fastest car I've ever owned so I am fine with it for now and still average 30mpg on freeway going 70 :-)
Old 01-22-2007, 10:42 PM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

yea i like my gas milage too with 93 octane... may cost a couple bucks more for a fill up but i get an extra 60 to 70MPG on the highway
Old 01-22-2007, 11:47 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Where are you measuring your 300hp 320 torque 100% stock GT? Is that crank or rear wheels? When we talk HP around here we talk RWHP. My manual 6 dynoed at 201 and 238 torque with only a 87 tune and duals and a stage 1 intake. When I put on my $3400 X-Charger it will probably be around 280rwhp and close to that in torque. I think it'll be very close or faster than a stock GT and at about 5 grand less.
ORIGINAL: imyy4u

how about this. take all the money you are saving for mods and put it into bank account X. next sell your v6 mustang and add it to bank account X. now go to the ford dealership and by a GT with the money in bank account X, and if you don't have enough then take a loan out for the rest. now you can smoke your tires, do mid 13's stock at the track (i got a 13.498), and you're set.

seriously, the v6 mustang is a GREAT car, but it is NOT for performance...why waste a few thousand on mods when that extra few G's would've bought you a GT?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:23 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

some gt's are puttin down 270rwtq stock
my highest dyno put me at 243rwtq.

27 less rwtq and 200 lbs lighter.

maybe thats why i beat s197 gt's at the track all too often
Old 01-27-2007, 04:19 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Wow! I see this subject went way off kilter!
Who the F cares about GT's if they are into 4.0 V6's?
Most of us including myself can afford a GT but you seem to be missing something Mr. GT butthead, we didn't opt to purchase a GT because WE DIDN'T WANT ONE!

To each his own.
Regarding your comments about muscle cars. I beg to differ. No actually no begging needed! In the first place there are plenty of blown 6 banger Stangs out there that will waste your GT anywhere including and especially on the track!

V6's are lighter, more economical, the engine is obviously smaller and packs quite a bit of torque/HP for what it is. A lot of us like the idea of less cylinders doing more work. We also like the simplicity of our 6 bangers. Lots less parasitic parts sucking power off the crank on a 4.0 V6 than on the 4.6V8!

By the way, a V6 will smoke the tires off the line! Just like the GT's will. Even my automatic 4.0 smokes em! Why? Because I added duals, a CAI and tune and JBA's Blue 9mm spark plug wires. All for less than 1200 bucks! Andthat includes my GT rear bumper cover too ;-p.
Funny how I blew away an 07GT automaticthe other night. Wonder why that is and the guy knew what he was doing too! You should have seen the look on his $35K GT face! In case your wondering, V6's with the speed limiter removed such as mine, canhang witha GT's top endtoo!
If I add a blower, GT's better stay the F out of my way.
Put that in your bank account and smoke it!

Lastly, if I decide to throw in more torque/HP under the hood, I will probably swap out for the BOSS 302 or 330! Now that's a way better deal than a stock GT with bolt ons any day!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:30 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

a v6 with the limiter removed and a bunch of mods will top out between 135-140 without f/i

a gt uncapped will go almost 160.

20-25mph may not seem like a lot, but itis at that speed. so ur statement is incorrect about hangin with the topspeed of a gt.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:01 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Right, that's really interesting since I was running about 156 the other night on Rt. 70W.
And yeahI could tell because I was monitoring speed with my digital speedo right from the port.
Still had peddle to go too. Slowed down cause truckers said smokey wasahead over the CB.
He was too ;-). Just over the crest of the next hill!
You know, you talk about V6's as if they are inferior to GT's.
That's what Ford wants you to think so you'll buy a GT.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:07 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

What do you have as far as mods? 156 mph is crazy!
ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Right, that's really interesting since I was running about 156 the other night on Rt. 70W.
And yeahI could tell because I was monitoring speed with my digital speedo right from the port.
Still had peddle to go too. Slowed down cause truckers said smokey wasahead over the CB.
He was too ;-). Just over the crest of the next hill!
You know, you talk about V6's as if they are inferior to GT's.
That's what Ford wants you to think so you'll buy a GT.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:33 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

lol...i don't take sides in arguments unless I feel strongly. They're two different motors and i'm not gonna say ones worse....i have both of them lmao
ORIGINAL: Black06stang

ManJersey, I can't decide whose side your on! I guess both sides....

Quick Reply: Max HP from NA V6....