Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Max HP from NA V6....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Default Max HP from NA V6....

I was trying to figure out what is the most amount or RWHP possible from our V6 mustangs with manual transmission in NA form.
So baseline is 180sh rwhp.
1. C&L with x-cal 2 and 91tune - 195(aprox)
2. Magnaflow axle back - 205(with MRT its 210)
3. aluminum driveshaft is good for 5rwhp (210)
4. Royal Purple oil(0-20 or 5-20) and trans oil - 3-5rwhp (215)
5. UDP AST from 5-7rwhp (aprox conservatively) (220)
6. JBA headers 3rwhp - (223) Expensive gain considering $600 for headers.
7. Spark plugs and low resistence cables possibly good for 1-2 hp

Best case scenerio lets say 225 RWHP for manual trans which equals to 260hp at flywheel or if we leave out headers and spark plug wires, then 255hp at flywheel and 0-60 drops .8 of a second. Nice....

Again, this is best case scenerio and probably applies to Manual transmission only :-) For Auto with all the mods minus trans fluid probably can achieve 210rwhp or 245hp and cut 0-60 by .6-.7 sec.

what do you guys think?

Old 01-22-2007, 04:00 PM
swayv6
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Max HP from NA V6....

Everything you stated makes complete sense, on top of the fact that you still would not spending as much as the guy in his V6 Hond Accord, and you will have 10 times the cool factor in a Stang.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:37 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Evidently JBA's Blue 9mm spark plug wires give 5 HP gain. Not 2.

My 07 4.0 Pony package with the GT look now has Pypes x pipe true dual cat backs with street pro mufflers which I'm going to trade out formufflers that area bit quieter but still give good flow, a C and L CAI system and Diablo Predator Tune specifically for C and L's system and their 85mm MAF sensor housing.
I swapped out the rear bumper cover for a GT bumper cover for the dualies ;-).
I also threw in Ford Racing's posi-trac differential and left the gears stock at 3.31
I might go up to 3.73's later though.
Although I have noticed more power getting to the road, improved shifting, no speed limit ;-),quicker throttle response,the MPG has dropped a hair but that's to be expected with the more aggressive tune I guess. Maybe after a few hundred more miles though, that will improve
She's really peppy now but I still can't power brake it into smoking the rear tires unless the road is just a tiny bit damp. If it's dry then forget about it unless I find a piece of dry road surface that is normally slicker than usual.
Spinning them in a turn though, my God! Dangerous! I can do donuts all day with both smokin away if I want to but that's not what I want so much as smoking them off the line.
The automatic tranny takes away 10% power from the rear regardless of crank HP of course.
I am going to tweak the tune a bit more and see if I can get that tiny extra bit of torque to appear so I can smoke them tires when I want to.
If I can't get the needed torque from these bolt ons. I might try a few more fairly innexpensive bolt ons such as an underdrive pulley but I'm not so much into that idea due to lowered AC efficiency during the summer time at idle. Don't know if it will hinder the charging system atidle but it may.
I probably only need another 5 or 10HP going to the rear wheels to get them to break lose.
One other thing I could try is an electric solenoid that keeps the front wheels locked after I let off the brake peddle thereby freeing up a few more lbs. of torque to spin the tires!
Say, have any of you tried the HELEX throttle body spacer?
I forgot to mention I have that in there too.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:45 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

hahaha not even hahahahahahah 5? not a chance
Old 01-22-2007, 05:11 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fitbikeco

Oh really? Check the link below. I have also talked to my pals at the dyno shop and they have recorded 5HP more with the wires alone!
Also, it isn't called a MOTOR. It's an ENGINE! Motor's are driven or powered by.... Engines create power via energy and or thermal conversion.
If you have a motor under your hood it must be battery powered ;-p.

Plug Wire Link

EDIT: Made link smaller so thread is easier to read- 28HopUp
Old 01-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Believe me, fitbikeco has one of the fasted N/A 2005-2007 V6 mustangs. I think 1-2 hp is more likely, but definately not 5 hp.

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

ORIGINAL: fitbikeco

Oh really? Check the link below. I have also talked to my pals at the dyno shop and they have recorded 5HP more with the wires alone!
Also, it isn't called a MOTOR. It's an ENGINE! Motor's are driven or powered by.... Engines create power via energy and or thermal conversion.
If you have a motor under your hood it must be battery powered ;-p.

Plug Wire Link
EDIT: Made link shorter & easier to read - 28HopUp
Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

how about this. take all the money you are saving for mods and put it into bank account X. next sell your v6 mustang and add it to bank account X. now go to the ford dealership and by a GT with the money in bank account X, and if you don't have enough then take a loan out for the rest. now you can smoke your tires, do mid 13's stock at the track (i got a 13.498), and you're set.

seriously, the v6 mustang is a GREAT car, but it is NOT for performance...why waste a few thousand on mods when that extra few G's would've bought you a GT?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

Well why don't you go buy a ShelbyGT500 with bank account X?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/m_1003632/tm.htm
Old 01-22-2007, 07:25 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sick Six

Well why don't you go buy a ShelbyGT500 with bank account X?

why stop here? With the above posters mentality, why buy anything ifsomething faster exists.

imyy4u - Will you cosign on a loan for a Ford GT for me?

Quick Reply: Max HP from NA V6....