Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP Please: Spoiler on the '07 V6 ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 03:48 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP Please: Spoiler on the '07 V6 ???

you people are confusing with the "gt" thing
gt is the higher model not the spoiler LOL

theres the v6 spoiler (aka the "ugly ducktail")
and the standars spoiler (aka cool *** spoiler)
Old 01-27-2007, 10:56 AM
07 Orange

My point is that the V6 spoiler is "DIFFERENT". There are more high spoilers--so to be different I like the ducktail. It looks more custom. I think the idea of the higher spoiler has to do with "if I have a big one, it offsets the fact I have a small weiner".
Old 01-27-2007, 12:17 PM
cookiemonster
2nd Gear Member

I want the GT spoiler because I want to keep my car as close to stock as possible, and because it's not impossible to clean under it - like the 07' V6 spoiler is!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:21 PM
cookiemonster
2nd Gear Member

Nah ... it's the other way around ... it takes a very small weiner to clean under the impossibly small space between the ducktail spoiler and the trunk lid

ORIGINAL: 07 Orange
My point is that the V6 spoiler is "DIFFERENT". There are more high spoilers--so to be different I like the ducktail. It looks more custom. I think the idea of the higher spoiler has to do with "if I have a big one, it offsets the fact I have a small weiner".
Old 01-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

The fact is that I simply didn't like it. When I ordered my car (mine was a very earlier 2007 model, #6006 of all 2007 Ford cars produced), all the pictures on the Ford website still only showed 2006 models and the spoiler they had pictured was the wing type. I was shocked when I found out what I had received. Ifit wasa true ducktail with a raised lip like the GT500, I would have been happy to keep it.It looks great from behind the car but from the top or side, I don't like it. Additionally, my car gets a stripe kit thatgoes under the spoiler and the spoiler would hide a large chunk of it making the stripes look they weremissing a big piece. I actually thought this through rather than just shooting off my mouth about the size of people's wieners.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

There is no space under the spoiler.... on the edges.. you just pop the trunk. Not sure why you don't think the spoiler is stock.. since it comes with the car..

Funny thing is.. it looks like they scratched my drunk lid down to the metal on one side.. so if I changed spoilers... the dealer would have to repaint my trunk lid. Not worth the trouble.

ORIGINAL: cookiemonster

I want the GT spoiler because I want to keep my car as close to stock as possible, and because it's not impossible to clean under it - like the 07' V6 spoiler is!
Old 01-27-2007, 05:28 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

I love my 07 V6 spoiler. However, I believe that you can only get this spoiler on 2007 V6 with the Pony Package. They shouldn't be on all V6s.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

I love my 07 V6 spoiler. However, I believe that you can only get this spoiler on 2007 V6 with the Pony Package. They shouldn't be on all V6s.
It can be ordered separatelyas part of the exterior sport appearance package 54V. I never ordered the Pony Package asall of it would be removed during conversion.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:22 PM
cookiemonster
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman
There is no space under the spoiler.... on the edges.. you just pop the trunk.
Exactly why I want to change it out!

ORIGINAL: MrSandman
Not sure why you don't think the spoiler is stock.. since it comes with the car..
I'm not saying the V6 spoiler isn't stock .. I just meant that I wanted to keep it fitted with "stock" Ford parts (e.g. the GT spoiler)
Old 01-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Bandit111
2nd Gear Member

Oh,and plan on spending a good amountof time to get the 07 spoiler off.2majorly long and wide(about 1-1/2 inches each)strips of 3m tape across damn near the whole thing.A plastic scraper blade(as long as you can find) and alot of elbow grease and swear words.Nothing else i tried would work because of the shape of the spoiler.Figured i'd tell ya,so you know what you're getting into here,lol-

Quick Reply: HELP Please: Spoiler on the '07 V6 ???