Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Suggestions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 10:46 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Suggestions..

No, guess I haven't criticized anyone recently. I guess I am not looking at the negative side of life like you are. If you like to criticize, maybe you should do it in a constructive way?

What would it take to make it worth your while? Oh, I forgot, you would kick my Mustang's a$$ anyway... Why would you waste your time racing a Mustang with single exhaust-you may have 1/2 a horse more... Have you actually raced anyone other than the one you beat??? With two identical cars, it is the driver that wins-not the car. Win a few more and then you can talk.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:47 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Like I said, I was simply stating my opinion, not trying to hurt anyone's feewings.
All are entitled to their opinon. No big deal.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:15 PM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Hey, nothin wrong with GT's and nothin wrong with my comments either.When's the last time you criticised someone eh?
Also, who said I'd race youfor sure if you asked anyway?I know I'd blow your doors off so it is me who probably wouldn't waste my gas unless you made it worth my while............GT's are cool too!
What are you, like 16 years old? And who gives a rats a$$ duals or singles, as long as you like your car. Justifying your setup by badmouthing anyone elses suggests you are overcompensating for possible shortcomings in other areas.

Ooops, just criticized someone. Seriously dude, theres more to life than beating someone in an illegal street race.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:17 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BHRS

No, guess I haven't criticized anyone recently. I guess I am not looking at the negative side of life like you are. If you like to criticize, maybe you should do it in a constructive way?

What would it take to make it worth your while? Oh, I forgot, you would kick my Mustang's a$$ anyway... Why would you waste your time racing a Mustang with single exhaust-you may have 1/2 a horse more... Have you actually raced anyone other than the one you beat??? With two identical cars, it is the driver that wins-not the car. Win a few more and then you can talk.
Gee, do ricers count?
Half a horse more? Where did you get your data?
But uh, I'll be sure to let you know.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:24 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: feejay

Hey, nothin wrong with GT's and nothin wrong with my comments either.When's the last time you criticised someone eh?
Also, who said I'd race youfor sure if you asked anyway?I know I'd blow your doors off so it is me who probably wouldn't waste my gas unless you made it worth my while............GT's are cool too!
What are you, like 16 years old? And who gives a rats a$$ duals or singles, as long as you like your car. Justifying your setup by badmouthing anyone elses suggests you are overcompensating for possible shortcomings in other areas.

Ooops, just criticized someone. Seriously dude, theres more to life than beating someone in an illegal street race.
Sooooo thin skinned!Toughen up and stop telling on yourselfMr. short comings.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

I ordered this same package and loaded the 87 tune at first and it's not a ton different....wait till you load the 93 tune...whole different feel.

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

welcome to the site! for exhaust, pretty much any single will give you around the same gains. as of now it seems that the mrt gives the best gains by a little, and it's my favorite (obviously...i bought it lol). any axle back should give you somewhere around 10rwhp. When it comes to intakes/tunes, the TI/xcal2 or C&L/xcal2 combos seem to be best. you can get a great deal on a TI/xcal combo here, already with tunes.

http://tunableinduction.com/

these won't be as great as a dyno tune, but they will be better than stock and you will have the option of dyno tuning later with the xcal.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

wolfey there is dyno proof floating around from scrmin that the mrt single shows more gains than duals. our exhaust system isn't very restrictive at all other than the muffler, that's why shorties barely do anything. I love your 0-60 estimates, i bet you are 6'2" 250 too huh?(really 5'1" 90). you give horrible advice and make up total bull in every single one of your comments. just like when you said you had your own shop, denied that you ever said it later on, then when given the quote, you just didn't respond.

dyno and track proof (i beleive two out of the top 5 n/a track times here are cars with single mrt's and one of them just has mrt cai/tune....far less mods than the others) is far greater than your butt and counting estimates.

I will take on anyone with an MRT or what ever single axle back any time! Even manuals!That is provided you live in my area which I doubt. But if you're ever in the Washington DC area, let me know and we'll put it to the test.
I blew away an axle back last night. Took him off the line and top end. Both of our cars are '074.0 automatics with matched intakes and tunes. His even has a posi-trac rear end like mine. Guess what he told me he'sgoing to go buy and install next? ;-)
huh that's really a great coincedence that some guy that lives by you has all the same mods except for duals, and you both have a limited slip differential made for gm cars. posi-trac=gm NOT ford. your car = not as fast as a stock gt. you = not as smart as president bush. i can't beleive you have the ***** to call having a single exhaust (which is the way it comes stock btw) rice when you have duals, and plan on adding the gt bumpers. that is probably one of the ricier things to do. you gonna throw on some gt badges too?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:25 AM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: feejay

Sooooo thin skinned!Toughen up and stop telling on yourselfMr. short comings.
Not thin skinned, just a low tolerance for people who flame then cant understand why everyone comes to the conclusion youre a jerk.No more, no less.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:37 AM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

since im a non-combant for once...i'll be the first say...can't we all just get along...let not single and dual exhausts divide us...ask not your Mustang can do for you, ask what you can do for your Mustang...
Old 02-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

you guys need to get your facts straight before you start talking
First of all to the poster of this thread. WELCOME TO THE MF! My reccomendation would be the MRT single exit exhaust for now, dual MRTs or SLP loudmouths if you don't mind the sound. Keep it mind with DUALS you will lose BOTTOM end torque and only gain minimal top end horsepower. Only if you are running forced induction (FI commonly known in the form of superchargers, turbochargers, nitrous oxide) will this help you out the degree people here claiming it will. A single axleback will do you fine! MRT is loud but well worth it for the power gains. As far as an intake, the Tunable induction one is great, one i have, great deal because they are a site sponsor. Any of the tuners on here are great, prices will vary. C&L intakes are very nice too....i'd reccomend probably the JLT intake considering the C&L is great but the metal from the C&L heats and stays hot unlike the JLT. JLT or tunable induction (TI) would be my opinions.

Quick Reply: Suggestions..