Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pony vs. Deer

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 06:55 PM
mindfury
1st Gear Member

Default Pony vs. Deer

Well, after having an odd day up to work, I was driving home and right as I was entering town, a few deer jumped right out in front of me. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:

http://mindfury.net/gallery

As one of my co-workers pointed out, this car is apparently built like a tank, other than the hood you can see the damage isn't too bad. I have yet to figure out how much this will cost to repair, but I was thinking, "Well, now I finally have an excuse for getting that ram air hood I want!" LOL..

--Philip L.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pony vs. Deer

Sorry to hear that. so the deer got ur ponys tail, thats the first thing i noticed in the pictures! -Jon
Old 02-24-2007, 07:20 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

For hitting a dear I have seen a lot worse. It's not that bad but your gunna need a new hood and grillas you already know. Everything else looks OK. I cant tell by the pic, but both fenders look good as do the lights and front bumper. Like you said, now you can go get a nice aftermarket hood and maybe a grill with some fog lights. You can do most of that work yourself if your up to it and just have a body shop do the paint and final alignment. Good luck
Old 02-24-2007, 07:24 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Ugh! That sucks! If a deer caused that kind of damage to my stang, he'd of ended up getting a ride to my butcher!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:46 PM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

Dude, if thats all that happened to your car you are one lucky SOB. I have seen friends cars absolutely TOTALED by a collision with a deer.

Assuming no radiator or frame damage, you should be in pretty good shape. I cant imagine a hood replace costing too much, and you would only be out of pocket for the deductible on your insurance anyway.

Glad you are alright, and good luck with the car.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:47 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

I had a run in with a deer a few months ago. Thankfully, due to my mad driving skillz, I was able to get out of the way, and the deer slamed into my side. Only damage was a dent in the passenger door and he took off my mirror. Had my claim filed and an appointment with a local body shop less then an hour later, and the next week, I got her back good as new.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

but there aren't any cool aftermarket doors...
ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

I had a run in with a deer a few months ago. Thankfully, due to my mad driving skillz, I was able to get out of the way, and the deer slamed into my side. Only damage was a dent in the passenger door and he took off my mirror. Had my claim filed and an appointment with a local body shop less then an hour later, and the next week, I got her back good as new.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:05 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

wow sorry to hear that..
Old 02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

but there aren't any cool aftermarket doors...
ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

but there are cool aftermarket hoods!!! i hit a deer back in November...

Got a new MRT hood!

Old 02-24-2007, 10:28 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mindfury

Well, after having an odd day up to work, I was driving home and right as I was entering town, a few deer jumped right out in front of me. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:

http://mindfury.net/gallery

As one of my co-workers pointed out, this car is apparently built like a tank, other than the hood you can see the damage isn't too bad. I have yet to figure out how much this will cost to repair, but I was thinking, "Well, now I finally have an excuse for getting that ram air hood I want!" LOL..

--Philip L.
I can honestly say i can relate... I hit a deer in November.... Not as much damage as yours... however I did get a new aftermarket hood!! The replacement Ford hood is $690!! LOL!

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Pony vs. Deer