Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

young mustang owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:57 PM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

Default young mustang owners

hey im 17 and still in high school...i got my 2006 torchred pony about a month ago and payments and insurance are a b**ch...im tryin to put mods in my car but moneys tight...i just wanna no how all of you other young owners afford your car and all the mods...have fun with this post!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:02 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: young mustang owners

I sold a lot of my personal things such as my game systems since I no longer play them anyways. Other than that don't eat for a few weeks and you will have some money lol.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:05 AM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

haha i hear ya
Old 05-25-2007, 12:13 AM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

I just turned 18, basically i just sell everything i own. But i try to keep some of my other toys. Just a lot of work is involved. So get off your *** and start working!

Old 05-25-2007, 12:20 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

ok im 17 and this car is my life and its a bitch to have...

i worked mad hard to get it...
i had 12 grand saved up from working
5 grand in trade in
and like 5ish the rents paid

and the mods just come from everyday working...i work 5 days a week..and have like 4 jobs....

also insurance is a bitch...3200 a year..
Old 05-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yomofoitzjay

ok im 17 and this car is my life and its a bitch to have...

i worked mad hard to get it...
i had 12 grand saved up from working
5 grand in trade in
and like 5ish the rents paid

and the mods just come from everyday working...i work 5 days a week..and have like 4 jobs....

also insurance is a bitch...3200 a year..
Im 17 also and I just work at a local ice cream shop to pay for the car/mods.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:47 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i'm 20, had the car when i was 18. my parents pay insurance, but everything else is on me. nearly 500 bucks a month goes to my car, in gas and car payments. there was a point where i couldn't go out with ym friends because i had just enough gas to get to and from work and then to a gas station the next day (pay day).

i recently got promoted and i wasn't even thinking about doing anything to my car till i got my pay raise. 10 some an hour, 5 days a week. no rent, no car insurance. just payments, gas, oil changes, and when i buy food.

but i'm kinda stuck in money right now since i'm trying to pay off my credit card so i can have enough of a credit line to buy a CAI and tune!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 AM
alm0stfamousstang

im 18 and i have had mine for a year but i just started moddin it.. i just grew out of the party stage so im trying to get some other hobbies. but your best bet is join a local union. im 18 and i have been in for 10 months and i make 20 dollars an hour and im only a apprentice. journeymen make 40 an hour. but ya. 600 a week take home and i have a raise coming soon. i blow hella money have car payment, insurance, rent, cell phone and a credit card bill, but i still manage to mod it.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:23 AM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

save for a long time before hand or your screwed, no one under 21 has a job with a reasonable amount of hours that pays for this unless you work for your parents or something. ice cream shop and you pay for it, yeah right do you own the shop or something you cant pay for a mustang scooping ice cream. my parents gave me 3500 and the rest is savings, my old trade in i got from doing illegal things and i can barely afford mods right now working full time with decent pay.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:28 AM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

oshkawshbajawsh lol i totally agree except i have nothing saved lol. my payments are 260 a month and i referee soccer and thats it...kinda hard to pay car payment insurance and then do mods which is why i have none at the moment lol...(i did paint my calipers tho!)

Quick Reply: young mustang owners