Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:29 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

..no such thing as a dumb question....that's why we're all here...we all have questions, some may seem dumb to some people, but they're questions nonetheless. It doesn't hurt to ask.

But, someone can answer as I dont gave a x-charger. I would think if its just a different intake pipe, as long as it fits you could use it, IF is can handle the increase in air flow. The tune would have to compensate for it, as the air flow across the maf may or may not work properly.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:16 AM
bluesfannoz

Having gotten my X-Charger from Steeda. Yes the Steeda CAI will work with the X-Charger. You will need a tune specific to the X-Charger and Steeda CAI from Steeda. They will sell you just the Tune for $50 according to Steeda Steve. I though would recommend the HI-PO CAI and Tune from BamaChips over the Steeda, having used both with my X. I had issues with my automatic shift points and dead spots in daily driving that I have not experienced with the BamaChips Tune with the HI-PO CAI.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:06 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Sweet. Good info to know, thanks!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by afixer
yep Lakewood , near the 605 and the 91. beaustang and 4liter6 come over all the time . they are both 5 speed verts w/xcharger hi-po kits.
afixer, whereabout in Lakewood do you live? My parent's live in Lakewood and I'm pretty sure I've seen your car around town before.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:36 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleep Deprived
afixer, whereabout in Lakewood do you live? My parent's live in Lakewood and I'm pretty sure I've seen your car around town before.
Off topic but I just had to say that your car looks sick. Nice color combo and over all...badass...ness. Haha.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:42 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

That is a sweet car, interesting placement on the hood pins. You should get a shorty antena. Where did you get those mirrors?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:24 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NuclearMuscle523
That is a sweet car, interesting placement on the hood pins. You should get a shorty antena. Where did you get those mirrors?
Looks to me as though he had them painted 2 tone like his hood. But you could buy these from AM for a similar look.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/midwes...tinsilver.html

But I'll hush now b/c we're getting off topic and I don't want this thread to be messed up.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleep Deprived
yeah, same here. if he stays somewhere near south street, then i def seen his car from a distance. i occasionally visit friends next to palo verde and south st.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 PM
genesis
Former Sponsor

nice ride
Old 02-05-2009, 10:05 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sancho805
yeah, same here. if he stays somewhere near south street, then i def seen his car from a distance. i occasionally visit friends next to palo verde and south st.
carson and woodruff but i shop at the pavillions at south and woodruff

Quick Reply: X-Charger Discussion Thread