Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MRT Aeroturbine Axleback

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MRT Aeroturbine Axleback

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: MadMoose

wow so that would be a possible 10+ hp and tq over stock by just switching out the muffler. I'm installing mine tommorow so i'll see how it feels
Ok... I hate to give exact numbers since the dyno testing was not back to back while the car was still strapped on the dyno... We did try to make the test as fair as possible though! That being said I can honestly say i FELT a performance difference in the mid to upper RPMs... There was enough difference that I paid to have the car dyno'ed... and the dyno did confirm that I was in fact feeling the gain... so I don't want to put an exact number on it, i do feel confident in saying there was a gain with the AT... make sense?

good stuff. hopefully this is proof enough that there are worthwhile gains from a "good" hi-flow muff. there have been some members chiming in here and there that aftermarket muffs dont make a difference or only give 2-3hp at best. seems like it all depends on which muff you got.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:19 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

wow so that would be a possible 10+ hp and tq over stock by just switching out the muffler. I'm installing mine tommorow so i'll see how it feels
Ok... I hate to give exact numbers since the dyno testing was not back to back while the car was still strapped on the dyno... We did try to make the test as fair as possible though! That being said I can honestly say i FELT a performance difference in the mid to upper RPMs... There was enough difference that I paid to have the car dyno'ed... and the dyno did confirm that I was in fact feeling the gain... so I don't want to put an exact number on it, i do feel confident in saying there was a gain with the AT... make sense?
John... do you think that could be do in part to the fact that the MRT AT is non-chambered? I know when I start my car up there's a huge gust of air that blows out for a couple minutes before settling... something I don't really see with chambered mufflers.

The only thing I don't like that's happened since I got my AT is the fact that when I sometimes floor it, it starts to pick up but suddenly hesitates, then picks up again. It doesn't happen everytime, but if I was a track person it would definitely not be a good thing.

Also... I had not heard about this reliability issue with this exhaust... should I be concerned?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:53 PM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

Installed my aeroturbine yesterday afternoon, definitely an improvement over the stock sound. It sounds a little funky around 3-4k RPM though. Will the sound change over the next month or so as it breaks in?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:26 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Installed my aeroturbine yesterday afternoon, definitely an improvement over the stock sound. It sounds a little funky around 3-4k RPM though. Will the sound change over the next month or so as it breaks in?
No, it's a bit high-pitched around there. Sounds a bit ricy, quite honestly. Just don't drive in that RPM range very often.

It will get a bit deeper with time, though. Mine took about a month before it broke in completely.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
NeoAnderson48

Well guys, yall weren't joking when you said itis loud, but I really like it. I don't know so much about my parents, but I'm very happy with the way it sounds.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:58 AM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

i dont have the at but i have the maxthunder and i love it. If I ever decide to go duals ( prolly wont happen) but I'll the dual at's
Old 02-13-2008, 02:08 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: legendlime05

i dont have the at but i have the maxthunder and i love it. If I ever decide to go duals ( prolly wont happen) but I'll the dual at's
How loud is the Maxthunder compared to stock? Just curious.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:54 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

alot, its closer to the loudness of a at than stock. its loud enough to turn heads and sound good but not be obnoxious
Old 07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Doomer

Hey guys, sorry for bumping an old post.

I have been researching a muffler for my 05 v6 and I was almost sure to go for the AT. Now I am in doubt cuz of the high-pitch in higher revs.

I am trying to find a recording of the Maxthunder on a single system to compare but I cannot find it. Legendlime05, do you have a video of your car to share?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2010, 02:56 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!
SHOOT IT IN THE HEAD!!!
lol sorry had to

Quick Reply: MRT Aeroturbine Axleback