Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Borla Dual Exhuast??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:05 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Borla Dual Exhuast??

ORIGINAL: powerband

ORIGINAL: raubt

... the Borla Stingers are the exact same exhaust as the FRPP Stingers, just with the different brand name stamped on the tips, and the FRPP's are usually a bit cheaper, so if you don't mind having "FRPP Racing" stamped on the tips instead of "Borla," you might be able to save yourself $50-100 on the set-up.
If the Borla Stingers sound that good, and it's the same company that makes the FRPP duals, would it make sense to purchase the FRPP (that is, if one likes the sound of the Stingers in the video link)?
Yep. I would say that's what the majority of the GT guys on here have done with Stingers, since the FRPP version saves you some cash money. The only difference is the stamp on the exhaust tip. Also, I think the actual Borla-branded version has a better warrenty than the FRPP version, but they're all made by Borla, so it shouldn't be a problem (that is, the FRPP version should last just as long as the official Borla version, since they're identical mufflers except for the tips.)
Old 03-25-2008, 01:19 AM
NocturnalV6
2nd Gear Member

what about Magnaflow? They offer a dual system with a lifetime warranty for about $600...but do they sound good?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:25 AM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: powerband

... the Borla Stingers are the exact same exhaust as the FRPP Stingers, just with the different brand name stamped on the tips, and the FRPP's are usually a bit cheaper, so if you don't mind having "FRPP Racing" stamped on the tips instead of "Borla," you might be able to save yourself $50-100 on the set-up.
If the Borla Stingers sound that good, and it's the same company that makes the FRPP duals, would it make sense to purchase the FRPP (that is, if one likes the sound of the Stingers in the video link)?
Yep. I would say that's what the majority of the GT guys on here have done with Stingers, since the FRPP version saves you some cash money. The only difference is the stamp on the exhaust tip. Also, I think the actual Borla-branded version has a better warrenty than the FRPP version, but they're all made by Borla, so it shouldn't be a problem (that is, the FRPP version should last just as long as the official Borla version, since they're identical mufflers except for the tips.)

I currently have the Borla single, and I must admit it sounds incredible. I am very curious as to what kind of sound this same exhaust would give in dual. Can anyone chime in the difference in sound between the single and the dual Borla/FRPP? Please describe, if you can.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:27 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

yes i like em and have them... i have a dialy driver so i didnt want to be too loud that it would bug me.... in retrospect they are pretty loud and was worried about that wheni got em....but now....if they were louder i wouldnt mind..... makes the car sound tight if you will... check my vid in my second post of this thread if you want to hear them.....
Old 03-25-2008, 01:44 AM
NocturnalV6
2nd Gear Member

The Magnas don't sound bad...Borla just sounds better...but twice the price...yikes....what kind of power did you gain with the magnas Phunny?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:14 AM
monty21

if you really want a loud exhaust go with the MRT aeroturbine...the single axleback exhaust is loud enough and with the duals people will defintley here you coming go check them out at their website ... www.mrt-direct.com
Old 03-25-2008, 08:42 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

You should really look into the FRPP V6 dual exhaust system. They sound amazing and you can get them for $550 bucks for the entire setup. Plus they are Ford approved so you will have no warranty issues. I even had my dealership fix an exhaust rattle under warranty with my FRPP setup.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 PM
dr.aguilar13

do FRPP and Borla Stingers sound the same? also i checked out the the borla website and saw that they had universal mufflers( which r cheaper), would they sound the same if i bought a pair of universal mufflers compared with the stingers(part #11750)?

I was thinkin of takin my car to a local shop and having them put the H-pipe,mids, and then the mufflers.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dr.aguilar13

do FRPP and Borla Stingers sound the same? also i checked out the the borla website and saw that they had universal mufflers( which r cheaper), would they sound the same if i bought a pair of universal mufflers compared with the stingers(part #11750)?

I was thinkin of takin my car to a local shop and having them put the H-pipe,mids, and then the mufflers.
sound the exact same.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 AM
swissdan

GT FRPP Stingers or GT FRPP axle backs are made by Borla
V6 FRPP single is made by Borla
V6 FRPP dual with X-pipe (like Odyssey's one) are made by Supreme not Borla....

From what I heard on Youtube I must say dual FRPP with X-pipe is a very nice (one the best)setup for th V6

Quick Reply: Borla Dual Exhuast??