Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How to install a fuel pressure gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Its cold and dark outside now, so I can't look...but does this require any cutting or modification to the fuel line?
Old 01-10-2013, 01:56 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

No it does not. you unclip the line and insert the adapter between the two ends just disconnected. Remove the nipple from the block and install your sending unit. (easier to install the sender on the workbench before inserting the line)
You will need to ground the sending unit since the lines are neoprene.
Attached Thumbnails  How to install a fuel pressure gauge?-fuel-line-adapter.jpg  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Is the tube with the red latch the correct one? Do I depressurize the fuel system like I did when I swapped in my new injectors? After dislodging the clip should I expect fuel to leak out? Sorry...still a noob lol

Name:  1F6C1B4F-4F9C-4BCB-A81F-01099DE36FC8-1196-000000EB055E31C5.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  225.0 KB
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

That's it... yes, same as when you swapped injectors. You will get some fuel, do it with a quarter tank or less.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Great, thanks for the added info! My sender/adapter kit for the Aeroforce should be here next week, along with the hose adapter from Toolsource.com. I'll probably be attempting my gauge install next weekend as my boost gauge and vent pods arrived yesterday.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrayPony
It attaches in the fuel line, dr side behind/below the airbox

Ok, so I got the piece in and have another question or two...sorry I'm still such a noob, but with this being the fuel system I want to be sure I don't make any mistakes.

This is the piece I received:

Earlier posts mentioned removing the brass nipple part that sticks out of the side. I tried to see if it would move with light pressure from a wrench and it didn't want to come off, so I wanted to be sure that this is the case(removal of the brass 'nipple'. One end is brass and looks like what a valve stem on a tire looks like so I'm guessing this is where the sender screws in? The other end is open with a small plastic clip in it. It looks like that end is shown in your pic, but the other end of the fuel line with the red connector connects where? Does it connect to the side after the nipple is removed? Does the small plastic clip stay in and secure the fuel line? I'm still a little puzzled on how this connects this into my fuel line. I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I just want to know before I start disconnecting things this weekend. maybe it will be easier once I get started, but I just wanted to be sure....maybe a pic showing more would help (if that's possible).
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

The nipple is the brass fitting opposite the hose. (top fitting in the picture) Replace it with the sensor (use teflon tape to seal)
The long brass pipe connects to the hose on the car you disconnected and the rubber hose on the adapter connects to where that existing hose did.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

I apparently missed this pic/post.

Now from what you just said the sender screws onto the top of the whole assembly. I remove the brass pipe that is bolted into the brass fitting and install one end of the fuel line there and the other end into the end of the hose and that end also gets secured by the white plastic clip. Is that correct, or is the entire brass fitting the nipple...I promise I'm not as stupid as these posts make me out to be lol.

In this pic it says to remove the brass pipe that is attached to the fitting and that is where the sender goes, but in the actual pic you posted it looks like the sender is attached to the top of the brass section. So what goes where...the sender at the top and the brass pipe removed and replaced with the fuel line coupler with the red clasp? In your most recent post it reads like the brass pipe doesn't get disconnected, but instead connects to the red clasp side of the fuel line. Maybe it'll all make sense when I have the sending unit in my hands on Friday, I'm just trying to get this straight from drawings. In my daytime hours I make technical drawings as part of my engineering plans that I write, but looking over these pics and diagrams has me feeling awful stupid lol.

Last edited by Topless Stang; 01-16-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:33 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Topless Stang
I apparently missed this pic/post.

Now from what you just said the sender screws onto the top of the whole assembly. I remove the brass pipe that is bolted into the brass fitting and install one end of the fuel line there and the other end into the end of the hose and that end also gets secured by the white plastic clip. Is that correct, or is the entire brass fitting the nipple...I promise I'm not as stupid as these posts make me out to be lol.

In this pic it says to remove the brass pipe that is attached to the fitting and that is where the sender goes, but in the actual pic you posted it looks like the sender is attached to the top of the brass section. So what goes where...the sender at the top and the brass pipe removed and replaced with the fuel line coupler with the red clasp? In your most recent post it reads like the brass pipe doesn't get disconnected, but instead connects to the red clasp side of the fuel line. Maybe it'll all make sense when I have the sending unit in my hands on Friday, I'm just trying to get this straight from drawings. In my daytime hours I make technical drawings as part of my engineering plans that I write, but looking over these pics and diagrams has me feeling awful stupid lol.
The arrow is too high and confusing in that photo... sorry (grabbed it from the internet) The pipe the arrow is pointing to connects to the hose you disconnected to insert the adapter. If you look at the pic you will see the top fitting is gone and a sender is in it's place.
Honestly, if you walk to the car and look at the existing hose and the adapter hose, it's pretty obvious how the adapter hose is installed and where the sender would go.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Ok, I think I got it. I did a crude mock up in MS Paint...is this right? I'm sorry, I don't have the sender in yet, just the hose & I want to be sure how everything connects together. It would probably have been much easier if I waited until tomorrow when I have the sender in my hands...

Attached Thumbnails  How to install a fuel pressure gauge?-fuel-pressure.png  

Quick Reply: How to install a fuel pressure gauge?