Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Default How to install a fuel pressure gauge?

What do we have to do to install a fuel pressure gauge on our 4.0's? I don't see a schrader valve to attach the fitting to.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

06 Tungsten Manual w/ Pony Package - X-Charger #52 HiPo Plus - Ford Racing Axleback
Vogtland V6 Lowering Springs - 8.8" Rear w/ 3.73's & T-Lock - J&M LCA's - CT-R Black Rims - Nitto NT555's
moonstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How to install a fuel pressure gauge?

Head over to toolsource.com and pick up the ford fuel pressure adapter house. (about $17.00)
Remove the pipe shown from the adapter and install your fuel pressure sending unit. Install the adapter in your fuel
line, run the wires to the gauge.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39336/49374DF0E43D44AD8F721E8B70AE85FE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: GrayPony

Head over to toolsource.com and pick up the ford fuel pressure adapter house. (about $17.00)
Remove the pipe shown from the adapter and install your fuel pressure sending unit. Install the adapter in your fuel
line, run the wires to the gauge.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39336/49374DF0E43D44AD8F721E8B70AE85FE.jpg[/IMG]
Does that adaptor go where the fuel pressure sensor is? That looks a lot different than the one that I had. Not that you are wrong, I think what is in yur illustration would fit my car too. Do you have that set-up on your ride? This is what I tried to put on my fuel line.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/D89DDF5DAEE9487890CDB3859980F752.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Yes it's what I'm using with my Autometer fuel pressure gauge.In fact, Dave at Explorer express gave me the lead last year.

I tried to use one of those fuel rail adapters.... didn't fit my rail and there is very little room to work with the rails after the X is installed. Took me all of 5 minutes to install the adapter.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Karl, can you post a picture of exactly where you have that adapter installed?

06 Tungsten Manual w/ Pony Package - X-Charger #52 HiPo Plus - Ford Racing Axleback
Vogtland V6 Lowering Springs - 8.8" Rear w/ 3.73's & T-Lock - J&M LCA's - CT-R Black Rims - Nitto NT555's
Old 04-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Is this the item in question? I can't find an exact match.
http://www.toolsource.com/fuel-injec...e-p-58494.html

Old 04-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

That was the same exact problem I ran into; not enough space between the fuel rail and intake plenum with the X. Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll give this a try!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: GrayPony

Yes it's what I'm using with my Autometer fuel pressure gauge.In fact, Dave at Explorer express gave me the lead last year.

I tried to use one of those fuel rail adapters.... didn't fit my rail and there is very little room to work with the rails after the X is installed. Took me all of 5 minutes to install the adapter.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

That is the correct part.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible

RISE FROM THE GRAVE!!!

I have searched and searched, but I can't find a pic of this. Maybe my eyes are tired frm all the reading and I just missed it?? I just installed a ProCharger and will be adding my gauges this weekend or next. I decided on a Cobalt Boost gauge & an Aeroforce Interceptor w/Fuel Press & Wideband sensors. My main concern is doing the fuel pressure sensor. I know the piece to get from reading this thread and the install is simple, but where does it go? Do I need to splice a fuel line or something? Can someone post a pic please? I'm a noob and really get sort of nervous rooting around in my fuel system.

Appearance: Roush Spoiler, 20" Shelby Redlines, Gen5 Tails

Mechanical: Dimpled & Slotted,Livewires,ProCharger w/3.40 pulley,Mac LTs,Prochamber,8.8" w/3.73s,J&M Adj Panhard & UCA,J&M LCAs,Koni Yellows w/Vogtlands, Takeoff Sways & Mufflers

Audio: Kenwood DNX9990HD,Hertz Hi Energy Speakers,CVT 8s,TypeR 12s, RF Power 1000 5ch

Topless Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #10
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

It attaches in the fuel line, dr side behind/below the airbox

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, 40, adapter, fuel, gauge, hot, instal, install, mustang, pressure, rail, s197, tomhook, v6