Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Official S197 V6 Exhaust Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:04 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

v6 with Custom H-pipe, and straight pipes the rest of the way back sounds AMAZING., (Yes and cats.)
Old 12-26-2011, 09:05 PM
unitedwestang
2nd Gear Member

I currently have duals straight back with Borla Stingers. I've noticed too that once the engine warms up the exhaust just sounds "puffy" at idle with not much of a tone. So what you guys are saying is I should get an H-pipe? Would that help with the idle at idle when warm? Also, is there a precise location the H-pipe has to be located? Or just coming down after the cats? I would assume pretty close to the front of the exhaust...
Old 12-26-2011, 11:52 PM
FsuGoNoles63
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by unitedwestang
I currently have duals straight back with Borla Stingers. I've noticed too that once the engine warms up the exhaust just sounds "puffy" at idle with not much of a tone. So what you guys are saying is I should get an H-pipe? Would that help with the idle at idle when warm? Also, is there a precise location the H-pipe has to be located? Or just coming down after the cats? I would assume pretty close to the front of the exhaust...
Ya, I run straights to gt takeoffs and I have the same problem. Doesnt really bother me much cus I dont sit around at idle much lol. Still sounds good when I get on it. But ya, an H-pipe would help I believe.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:38 AM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

I have a gt h pipe to slp loudmouths. I love it its loud regular but if I get on it it screams. I had to have new piping welded so I'm gonna wait for it to break in since its constantly getting louder and sounding better
Old 07-18-2016, 01:02 PM
amaNIN
1st Gear Member

Anybody think its worth it?

Maximizer exhaust on ebay, I've never heard of it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maximizer-Bo...xU934y&vxp=mtr
Old 07-18-2016, 01:14 PM
unitedwestang
2nd Gear Member

For the price I would rather go with a well establish name brand with stainless steel construction that isn't going to rust out in a couple years. That is mild steel. Exhaust gasses are highly corrosive to mild steel once you shut off the motor and the water in the air condenses to set on the inside of the pipe. Have you found videos of how this exhaust sounds?

Just because I haven't heard of the brand doesn't mean anything--I could be out of the loop. And this is just my opinion based off what I have learned and my experiences. I bought separate mufflers and tips and had a shop bend aluminized pipe to put it all together. By time it was all said and done, I could have had a mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust kit for about the same price.

Stainless is definitely the way to go on exhaust. 304 if you can find it. 409 is kind of a "mid'-grade" stainless steel. It will surface rust over time, but is still better than mild steel in terms of corrosion resistance.