Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

strut tower brace vs . CDC Shaker system

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:45 AM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: strut tower brace vs . CDC Shaker system

Strut Tower Brace. It's less of a waste of money. You don't have to ruin your hood (if you don't like the STB or future modifications require it's removal, you just unbolt it and pull it out... try that with a 2x2 hole in the middle of your hood).

For the price of a Shaker system, you could buy a decent nitrous kit, and actually make power.

Best case scenario, the Shaker provides a different (and potentially cooler) air stream into the intake filter. The current intake stays in place, and if the scoop actually did build pressure, all excess pressure would be blown out of the current intake opening. Even sealed aftermarket CAI's will leak most of this excess pressure.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:56 AM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yellow Tang

Tell me Why? I don't get it if it has a CAI Under the Hood then Why the intake on top? Is it just for show?
Yes, it's mostly for show.

Why cut a hole in the hood for something that shakes a little when you start the car? Sorry I just do not understand this system.
Why do people put lambo doors on their cars? Or hydraulics to make them jump 6 feet in the air? Or 4 foot tall aluminum wings?
That's why. It's called modification and originality. People do what people do. And hey, it's their car.

The Old Shakers were the CAI Why do This?
Yes, the older shakers were true CAI's that provided a positive displacement (small amount of boost)directly into the intake. These shakers provide a positive displacement into the vehicle's air box (which is not air tight).
Old 05-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

I want to thank the people that took the time to help me understand this system I am not that Up on it and what I do know is the old cars were carberated and we run FI so I could not get my mind set as to how it worked I thank you for spending some time to help me out. I did not intend for my post to be Negative about the remark "Why cut a hole in the hood for something that shakes a little when you start the car?" I was asking because I could not understand the system It looks cool and with the outside air flow to the CAI Now that I can understand. Thank You