Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

10's in 1/4 mile by V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:03 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 10's in 1/4 mile by V6

ORIGINAL: armycook1981

I guess if anyone ever cares to know where or who is the fastest in pa . YOUR SIG QUOTE ON THE MC should help them out

"Fastest supercharged 2005 Satin Silver Mustang Vert with C strips owned by a guy named Mike in Eastern Pa."
i guess. lets see... here.. we can take that further for the ones of us who actually built up our v6 for street/track. i guess i could use the following:
"Fastest 2005 Mustang v6 in the southern STATES to extend west all the way to cali. wait come to think of it just OH,PA,VA those are coverd al ready. ............ shoulda thought about it before you said it. lx200 ..
Armycook... that sig is a JOKE... get it? Meaning anybody can post "fastest" if they put enough specifications on it. A JOKE.....
Old 06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Damn.
You guys have more fire than the V8 crowd. Cool stuff.

The fast sixers here kinda remind me of Mark (chevykiller, modaddict etc...).
He's been doing the same thing with the 4.6 roughly.
Pushing the limit of one particular platform and see how far it goes, on a DD though.

Too bad you guys are now going to total different engine, only because the sixer comunity loses some pioneers.
Anyway, awesome stories...
Old 06-08-2008, 08:32 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

I wasn't talking about anybody's car specifically when I said that. I didn't use any names, and I had no idea who's car was being talked about. I didn't even click on the link.

No dice!!! You mentioned motors blowing months after running dual power adders on the 4.0. That was a direct dig at myself, Lance, Ron and Joey. Your excuse is bull ****. All three of us were pushing the envelope knowingly, and knew the risks.

ORIGINAL: pascal

Damn.

Pushing the limit of one particular platform and see how far it goes, on a DD though.

Too bad you guys are now going to total different engine, only because the sixer comunity loses some pioneers.
Yea, us 6 bangers have to fight for every 1000th we can get! We are quite passionate about this stuff. We know Don and the others. Talk to them a fair bit. Its tough pill to swallow on the 6. I really wanted a DD v6 that went sub 10.5's, but my bank account and wife didn't agree. And 3k in custom rods alone said no way in hell. I'm just lucky shes into drag racing along with the kids.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:40 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Wise men marry wise women.
Mine is behind me 100%.
Althought I don't know much about drag racing, I can appreciate and respect what folks like you do with these cars.

And yes, LX200 lost the perfect opportunity to redeem himself.
I'm sure you guys are used to those coments by now...
I get the same thing in custom fabrication.
I have no reference points on a particular job, so I have to try and fail a lot before the answer is discovered.
Then it's a straight shot. It's like, once the road is paved, it's a matter of cruising.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:21 PM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

I guess if anyone ever cares to know where or who is the fastest in pa . YOUR SIG QUOTE ON THE MC should help them out

"Fastest supercharged 2005 Satin Silver Mustang Vert with C strips owned by a guy named Mike in Eastern Pa."
i guess. lets see... here.. we can take that further for the ones of us who actually built up our v6 for street/track. i guess i could use the following:
"Fastest 2005 Mustang v6 in the southern STATES to extend west all the way to cali. wait come to think of it just OH,PA,VA those are coverd al ready. ............ shoulda thought about it before you said it. lx200 ..
Armycook... that sig is a JOKE... get it? Meaning anybody can post "fastest" if they put enough specifications on it. A JOKE.....
i got it. the first time i read it. but still .. kinda like saying throwing alot of boost at a motor before it blows EH! but somehting you dont know about... But i bet were the first ones you come to asking when something starts clicking clanking or what ever ..
Old 06-08-2008, 07:28 PM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pascal

Damn.

Not me im still aorund.. i think 3 hitters moved up from the minors LOL.. lance, todd, and ron .. i stayed with the 6 cause if i went to the 5.4 it was gonna be an all out all at once deal upwards of 25k+ in parts and labor forged head/cam, twin turbo etc.
I rarely use MF much you cna find me on s197F's and MC.. i have my rebuild threads on there and should have the car back up and running like a mini SuperSnakecloneroughly 1 month- 2 months.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:21 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

i got it. the first time i read it. but still .. kinda like saying throwing alot of boost at a motor before it blows EH! but somehting you dont know about... But i bet were the first ones you come to asking when something starts clicking clanking or what ever ..
That's correct. I don't know about that. I know about throwing an appropriate amount of boost at my engine. There's nothing wrong with NOT blowing your engine, is there? Is that a badge of dishonor now too? I also know about actually installing my power adder rather than paying a shop to do all the work on my car. So perhaps I know a bit about the clicking and clacking as well. Perhaps even more than folks who pay to have all the work done on their car, right?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:04 PM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

Paying someone to turn the bolts on the install has nothing to do with anything. Sometimes jaust don't feel like getting dirty and have the funds to have a pro install. No shame in that, and no shame in doing it yourself.
Personnally my next mod will turned with my own wrenches, why? cause i want to. There is of course nothing wring with NOT blowing an engine, but it doesn't give you the right to criticize anyone for pushing the envelope. Setting up a mid 13 sec car is fine if that is what you want, nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't give anyone the right to criticize anyone who pushes the limit. It just sounds like sour grapes cuz you don't have what it takes ti run in their class.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:20 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

That's correct. I don't know about that. I know about throwing an appropriate amount of boost at my engine. There's nothing wrong with NOT blowing your engine, is there? Is that a badge of dishonor now too? I also know about actually installing my power adder rather than paying a shop to do all the work on my car. So perhaps I know a bit about the clicking and clacking as well. Perhaps even more than folks who pay to have all the work done on their car, right?
No dice..again! You're getting good at this. Changing the scope of the subject/argument wont work here. Face it, you brought a knife to a gun fight. I would just let it drop if I were you.

@Tony (RB6),

Indeed you are right. Looking forward to working with you on your next project. I'll bring the beer for afterwards. Question on your post, who said Mike had a 13 second car? Or is that just a general statement.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Not me im still aorund..
Well, all the weight is on you now, budd.
You'll have to carry the V6 Torch.

Still, congrats.

Quick Reply: 10's in 1/4 mile by V6