Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Body Work

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:03 AM
jrsyedb
1st Gear Member

Default Body Work

Hey guys, this is more of a concern than a question . . .I just bought my Mustang about 2 months ago and last week some a**hole cut in front of me and hit me in the front driver side. So now my left fender needs to be replaced and my front bumper needs to be touched up and repainted. Now . . . . I have never been in a car accident before and I am taking the car to the body shop thisMonday for the work. I guess I am concerned that when they repaint the front bumper and of course the new fender, as well as the driver side door (they mentioned they will need to repaint the driver door to make the new paint on the fender blend well) that the new paint job won't match my original paint. I am upset because the car is brand new and would hate for the paint job to look different or not blend well. Has anyone experienced the same scenario? Has anyone had any body part on your Mustang repainted? and if so, did the paint job match? I am taking the car to Ford to have them work on it, in fact it is the same Ford that the car was bought from (I wanted to make sure that they use original Ford parts).

Any advice and re-assurance will be appreciated.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:49 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Body Work

they should be able to match paint... if not, find a new body shop
Old 11-24-2008, 09:10 PM
maemae788

Somebody hit me in the parking lot, and ran, and left a large dent in my door. I took it to the body shop, and they told me the exact same thing. When I got it back, I was more than happy with the results. I could not tell the difference between the original paint, and the repainted parts
Old 11-24-2008, 09:16 PM
harlanb1
1st Gear Member

Just make sure that you get a reputable body shop and you will be fine.
Part of the reparing the car will be to match the paint. any body shop that is half decent will match the paint.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:54 PM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

Yea I just had to have about half of my car repainted and I honestly cannot tell. if anything it looks better
Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

I've never had any paint work done to my car but my moms old car had some done and they did a good job in matching the paint. You should be fine since you are taking it to a Ford dealer. What dealership are you taking it to?
Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

My daughter's Focus was hit by a careless driver at the mall. I took it to a Ford dealership that I bought my car from and they did a very nice job. Her car is a mineral grey color and you can't tell what had been replaced and painted.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:48 AM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Getting the paint to match is only half the battle. What body shops can't replicate is the factory "orange peel" texture under the right lighting conditions from panel to panel. The paint and body shops work is usually slick vice the factory peel look.

If somebody hits my car, they bought it.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:28 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I parked my car in a yard (off the drive way) and someone (intoxicated) backed into my rear panel. I took it to the Ford dealership where I purchased my car and had them replace the rear panel and match the paint. My car is black and is a difficult paint color to match. You can't even tell!
Good luck!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

sounds like exactly what im going through. An old lady hit my car last month and damaged my bumper and passenger fender, headlight, and turning signal. The insurance gave me 2017 dollars for a shop to fix it. I had them write the check out to me, and i am still in the process of fixing it as we speak. heres what I am doing

bought a gt bumper/grille off of newtakeoff.com 500 bucks
painted fender off of ebay 260 bucks
headlight/turn signal 100 bucks
Attached Thumbnails  Body Work-dsc00820.jpg  

Quick Reply: Body Work