Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT fog light in my NON-GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 10:32 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Default GT fog light in my NON-GT

hi all just bought my new 05 mustang but unfortunately do to my age 21 I did not get the gt (you know insurance). I want to install the fog light grill like the gts have. On ebay there are a lot of factory take-off gt grills with the lights installed in them.

is there any thing I would need to do special other than wiring, to install a gt grill in to my mustang
thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT fog light in my NON-GT

Yes, you need to know that the front end of the GT and V6 models are not the same. The GT grille is not a bolt-in replacement. If you want to go the easy route, pick up this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

This guy has already done the work to the grille converting it into a bolt-in replacement. Be aware that the bottom lip of the GT grille does overlap the bumper a bit, but as you can see in the pictures on that auction it's barely noticable.

I saw on another site that Ford may be offering a "pony package" on '06 V6 models that includes a different grille that has the corral around the running horse with spears going out to smaller driving lights. The grille looks incredibly close in appearance to the late 60's stangs that had the GT package.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Smoov_1

Not really if you buy this kit it comes with a wiring harness. pretty simple to install. I would recommend buying some 3M double sided tape from Auto Zone to replace the white foam sticky stuff that come with the switch. The only trouble i had with my install is that the Gt grill is slightly larger and kind of a pain of neck, but with some patience it will go right in. I recommend this kit.

http://stores.ebay.com/Michelles-Cor...Light-Kit.html

here is my stang:

http://stores.ebay.com/Michelles-Cor...llery-III.html

good luck with what ever you choose
Old 05-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Smoov, it appears that's the same kit that I posted a link to, but the user IDs are different. Do you know if it's the same outfit? They even use the same pictures.

Here is the 06 pony grille I mentioned, not sure if this is official or one of those "what if" ideas from Ford.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15493/D35E105910A4467B84F0EDA03962A7A0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-01-2005, 03:57 AM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

I think smoov's mustang is on the website.... That looks really nice, and alot cheaper then replacing the whole bumper. Now I want to do it.....[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 05-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Spanky27usA

Hey I got the GT lights and grill as a take off from saleen, and the installation in the V6 is possible and it is a TIGHT fit!, but it improves the front end look.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:14 AM
pony_up

Street Scenes are working on a V6 replacement setup like the GT grill with lights. There are 4 grill options: black powder coat, black chrome, chrome & brushed aluminum. It should be ready for market end of this month or next month. No pricing has been released yet.

Here's a link to the TMS post: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....l=street+scene
Old 06-15-2005, 12:19 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

also you can buy the gt switch and hook up to it using a relay it works fine and retains the stock look i have the wire schems if you need help. and the switch just pulls out. all the wires are there
also here is a pic of the pony pack grill

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/763982DDA7CA43549B39A842DB966CE6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Liranrock

Does anybody from California (in specific the San Francisco Bay/ San Jose area) have bought the kit from ebay???
i just did last thursday but i've been unable to install it and i really need help right away.. please
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Old 06-16-2005, 12:41 AM
jjpony
1st Gear Member

In case you didn't see it, I posted a reply to your "fog lights upgrade" post. It sounds pretty much like I was told. Some go easy, and some go hard. Jim

Quick Reply: GT fog light in my NON-GT