Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New exhaust setup with Borla Stingers

Old 07-20-2008, 02:59 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New exhaust setup with Borla Stingers

ORIGINAL: 1badV6

so is therea sound difference between the frpp stinger and the borla i see theres like a 30 dollar difference just wondering my buddy wants a set he wanted me to ask everyone
They are basically the same muffler.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 PM
ncollison

ORIGINAL: 95cobby

ORIGINAL: ncollison

The Borla mids that your using, are they the ones that they sell for the GT? Cause I was wondering if I could just get the Stingers with the Borla mids together, rather than getting the Stingers and using the Pypes X/mids
Yes they are the same ones for the GT. You can buy the Stingers with the Mids like I did. The catback sells for around $750 but check out ebay and see if you can find a better deal first.
I found the catback from LMPerformance for about $660 and free shipping... Where did you get your "H" pipe? or should I got with an "X" pipe... One more thing, why do they make this exhaust for the GT and is it ok to use it on the V6?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:15 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1badV6

so is therea sound difference between the frpp stinger and the borla i see theres like a 30 dollar difference just wondering my buddy wants a set he wanted me to ask everyone
The Borla's have a 4" tip and the FRPP's have a 3.5" tip. I doubt the sound isany different.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:29 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

what the hell are the borla mids??
Old 07-21-2008, 07:23 AM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Nothing fancy, just the over axle pipes....

Old 07-21-2008, 07:27 AM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

The Borla mids that your using, are they the ones that they sell for the GT? Cause I was wondering if I could just get the Stingers with the Borla mids together, rather than getting the Stingers and using the Pypes X/mids
Yes they are the same ones for the GT. You can buy the Stingers with the Mids like I did. The catback sells for around $750 but check out ebay and see if you can find a better deal first.
I found the catback from LMPerformance for about $660 and free shipping... Where did you get your "H" pipe? or should I got with an "X" pipe... One more thing, why do they make this exhaust for the GT and is it ok to use it on the V6?

I got my H-pipe off a stock GT. You will have to decide if you want the H or X-pipe. You can use any GT exhaust system on the V6 with the exception of headers and some Off-Road pipes. You just have to get hangers for the drivers side muffler and your H/X-pipe of choice.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:59 AM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

anyone have a part number for the borla stingers? i see lots of borla's on sites, now sure which one is the stinger. Also, do all gts come stock with h-pipe?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:29 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Nothing fancy, just the over axle pipes....

That is just the borla catback...i thought you had something the a mid miffler system.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM
1badV6
2nd Gear Member

my buddy wants to know is there any torque loss with there style mufflers or cuz he thinking of buying my gta's just wondering???
Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Wow that sounds really nice, 95cobby. I love your dog! I don't think he likes you revving, though! Is he a husky or an Alaskan malamute?

May I ask where you acquired your Borla mids and mufflers? After seeing that I'm definitely considering that setup.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New exhaust setup with Borla Stingers