Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MMR CAI w/high flow tube

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
V6Mustang16

Default MMR CAI w/high flow tube

Does anyone have one of these CAI's? What do you guys think about them? do they really add up to 18 rwhp without a tune? I'm just curious becauseI like the way they look andI see them onebay all the time soI was consiering buying one when I get some money butI wont be able to afford a tuneranytime soon. So im just looking for a nice CAI that is goodeven without a tune. If not this one then which do you guys prefer?

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05AirFuel.htm
2005 V-6 High Flow Intake Kit w/MMR High Flow Tube
Part# 900808
Old 08-07-2008, 10:46 AM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MMR CAI w/high flow tube

I have the exact one in the picture (red) and i love it.it came with the car when i obught it and the fellow has a tune on it. it is REALLY loud too, my friend said to the untrained ear it sounds like i'm running a turbo. personally i've had great success with it so far.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CKurello

I have the exact one in the picture (red) and i love it.it came with the car when i obught it and the fellow has a tune on it. it is REALLY loud too, my friend said to the untrained ear it sounds like i'm running a turbo. personally i've had great success with it so far.
haha....i wouldnt go that far with it (sounding like turbo) but i'm sure theres no doubt that it produces that "sucking" sound that so many other CAI's make. i've seen that intake in person at MMR HQ and the quality of it is very good which is probably the reason for the high price. only knock is that it still uses stock size MAF housing diameter which still holds it back a bit but allows it to run without tune. good thing is that they sell a seperate MAF housing that is larger (sold for the GT) and can be attached to the V6 kit. of course a dyno tune will be required but i'm sure there are more gains to be made with it.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:08 PM
V6Mustang16

ok thanks for the reviews I think im just going to get one off of ebay with my next paycheck. I've seen them sell for about 100 dollars less than retail. I like the way they look and if they sound good thats also another plus.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: V6Mustang16

ok thanks for the reviews I think im just going to get one off of ebay with my next paycheck. I've seen them sell for about 100 dollars less than retail. I like the way they look and if they sound good thats also another plus.
if you are sure you have ZERO intentions of tuning, then the ebay (AEM Brute Force knock-off i'm assuming) CAI may work out for you. DO NOT expect high gains though. a little increase in throttle response and HP/TQ is the most you'll get. you can still get a tune with one of these knockoffs but it is suggested you save for a better intake+custom tune if you know you want to tune it anytime soon.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:20 PM
samv1368
3rd Gear Member

Its great, and it does make a pretty mean sound! great look to, bigger looking than most! GL
Old 08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I have the kit without the high flow pipe and a brenspeed 93 tune. My car sounds good and runs well.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 PM
changmo

I have Silver one. To be frank I didn't notice too much gain. Then again, I also run it without a tune. As far as sound, I can't hear a thing because my MAC Catback Exhausts are really loud. All in all, great quality andgreat looks. Isn't the filter washable and good for 100k miles?

V6Mustang16, before you getbuy the MMR intake from ebay or anyother website, give them a call. I almost bought one off ebay until I gave them (MMR) a call. They gave me a killer deal!!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:37 AM
V6Mustang16

YaI might give them a call then and see. Im planning on getting a tune in the future, but for now just looking for a nice cai that looks good and makes a difference.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:39 PM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

its a great one. the tune does help and it makes your car even more unique with the cai ROAR coming from the torque monster under the hood

Quick Reply: MMR CAI w/high flow tube