Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Front Struts & Camber Bolts

Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default Front Struts & Camber Bolts

Question for you all....

I am about to get Tokico D-Spec front struts.. I already have the Tokico d-spec rear shocks and FRPP N Spring all the way around, I didn't do the isntall on the springs because of the front... so I am curious about 2 things.

Should I get camber bolts for the front while I am getting the front struts. (where can I buy them?)

Second, can I do the front strut install myself? I did my rear shocks, springs, panhard myself.

I am asking because when I had my springs done, and car aligned it was fine but it seems to be slipping a little and I can see where I should probably have the camber adjusted on the front as well.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

www.MossMustang.com has em.

Progress Technology Camber Bolts

Last edited by 157dB; 09-05-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:39 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

thanks 157db, now just need to get my struts. I will probably needs another alignment after I get this installed too.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

will you be doing any aggressive driving? or is it mainly for a daily driver.

I would recommend caster/camber plates over the bolt for aggressive drivers (i road race my car) only because the design of the camber bolt seems to allow for slip under high load, which can totally throw off the camber. if you don't really road race then you should be totally fine with camber bolts. in fact, i have a set of eibach camber bolts (NIB) if you're interested. just let me know.

and wait to do the alignment. make sure you're pretty much done with all your suspension changes, because again, if you're a daily driver you shouldn't have to redo your alignment again unless you have some sort of ooops (ie curb rub, pothole...).

something i did notice is that you said the car "seems to be slipping a little." Most of the time lowering springs will give you more negative camber - which is usually a preference for road racers... maybe its just the tires? or the road? i know when i lowered mine the negative camber seemed to help grab in the corners (when compared to stock) at the track.

Last edited by danbevsv6rumbler; 09-05-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:08 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I may be interested in the bolts. I will shoot you a PM.

I don't do any road racing so I am sure the bolts will be just fine. What I meant by slipping is not actually slipping under pressure, just basically seems like my alignment is slowly pulling to the left. When I installed my springs they were barely able to get my camber within range, so now that my springs have settled and shocks are worn in I think it dropped me off a little.

The only other suspension I will add are upgrade sways bars, because I won't need LCA's or UCA's. When I am done I should have the following...

FRPP N Springs
Tokico D-Specs
Camber Bolts
BMR adjustable panhard bar
BMR sway bars

I don't do the track, I don't do road racing, basically just a DD but with a little fun here and there. My goal is to have the performance when/if I need it.