Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best upgrade to "Spoof" up my car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Full Throttle
2nd Gear Member

tint the windows and get the clear corners should make quite a difference for relatively cheap
Old 09-12-2008, 08:44 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pePainter.html
Old 09-12-2008, 09:41 AM
MustangFanatic44
Salad Farts

i'd go with a really short antenna
mines like 3 inchs an cost me like 20 bucks
tint the windows
remove that lil ding thingy whatever it is
and remove the mustang decal.
i'd debadge it

and when you get some money
get different wheels

Last edited by MustangFanatic44; 09-12-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:18 PM
MustangFanatic44
Salad Farts

heres a ton of emblems if you want those
http://search.stores.ebay.com/emblem...earchQ20Stores
Old 09-12-2008, 01:22 PM
MustangFanatic44
Salad Farts

Originally Posted by maxshuty
To musicheadt;

I didnt get to name her (him?!)... My girlfriend would have been overly jealous had I got to name it... So my gf named it "Mustang Majulious" (spell check?!) I think she see's the car as a "boy", but I call it a her. :P

I really think some stripes would look nice on the car, but I'm really debating that. I just wish I could find an 05-new Mustang GT at the junk yard or something so I could rip a bunch of stuff out of that.

Also, about the Door Ding Stripes-
If I remove them will my paint be discolored? Its a 2007 car. I wont remove them if my paint is going to possibly be discolored.. (I cant afford a paint job!! :P) Also, anyone know where I can get the Tri-Bar pony emblems? Everyone tells me to check ebay but I've searched there and have come up with nothing... Also, how hard are they to install? I've read instructions and that seems easy, but how hard is it getting them straight, and in the right position?

Also, do all Mustangs come with these Door ding stripes? I never really took note of them until I've seen it mentioned here and I've just now did a Google Image search and after around 5 pages of images I found only one other Mustang with these Door ding stripes (It just happens to be another HP White V6 just like mine :P). Does everyone come with these? Also if I take them off will I be able to (if I ever wanted to) to reattach them? How about sell them?
mine didnt come with the door ding stripes, im sure you could just reattach them if you wanted with some very skinny 3m body tape.
and i dont think you'll be able to sell them, there not very popular to have on, i mean you could try but you wont get much out of them.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:33 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Mine had them too, dont worry it wont be discolored. Just make sure you get rid of any sticky crap thats left over.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:02 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I really, REALLY want to remove them after seeing a car just like mine today without them. I'm too scared to do it though! :P
Old 09-12-2008, 03:11 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

hair dryer and fishing line. You should have no problem removing them
Old 09-12-2008, 03:12 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

wont a hair dryer also damage / melt my paint along with the other sticky adhesive? Also will rubbing alcohol damage my paint? And what are the chances of there being discoloration (I'm mostly worried about discoloration of anything)! Sorry I'm a noob!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

lol you worry too much. When you use the hairdryer, dont just hold it in one spot expecting the adhesive to just give out. All you are using the hair dryer for is to heat up the adhesive so that you can peal the guard away. Yes there will most likely be glue left over but goo gone will take care of that. And its fine on your paint. You can also try rubbing it off with your fingers, it will ball up. As far as the paint discoloration, im not too worried about that, if there is any at all. Which i highly doubt, a few coats of wax over a few days will take care of that. And let it sit in the sun, to even it out.

Quick Reply: Best upgrade to "Spoof" up my car?