Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

my mods in the near future

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:37 PM
lurkmoar
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by conor1148
im just making sure im checking out all my options here.. lets say i have a SCT dealer that can do tunes near me, how much would it cost to get the tune updated for the gears?
I'm pretty sure you can do it yourself. When i did mine there was an option to adjust parameters before I uploaded the tune (ie governor, wheel diameter/height/diameter, gears). If you're really worried about it buy the xcal/tunes from B@machips, I know he updates the tunes for free. His tunes are badass as well. If not, ask the sct dealer near you how much it would cost to get them updated. A single tune file usually runs $50.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:45 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Get the cai/tuner and performance muffler. T-lok and gears can get expensive, in fact in some areas its almost cheaper & easier to get an 8.8 takeoff. You don't need to update the tune for new gears. The Xcal has the ability to do that for you. You can do many things with the Xcal that has nothing to do with the tunes.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

You considering any styling modifications? Rims? Stripes?

Even the minor ones make a big diff like head light splitters, smoked lights, blackout panel, choices are endless really. They are pretty cheap for some of them as well, look them up.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:25 AM
conor1148
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Avalanch3
You considering any styling modifications? Rims? Stripes?

Even the minor ones make a big diff like head light splitters, smoked lights, blackout panel, choices are endless really. They are pretty cheap for some of them as well, look them up.
no thanks, the only appearence modifications i would do is either a GT bumper for dual exhaust or leather seats. sure the wheels that came with my pony are ugly as can be but id rather not spend all the cash i have saved up on wheels and tires when i still have good tire on my current wheels.

oh yeah, and when it comes to summer/winter tires and wheels i dont need them down here in georgia so this is my only set.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:28 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Do what I did. Sit down and make a list of ALL the mods you want to do to your car, get links, prices, and go over it again and again until you make sure you have everything.

Then start putting them in order of need (such as you need tires if you get rims) :P

And just slowing save up money and start knocking things off the list.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Do what I did. Sit down and make a list of ALL the mods you want to do to your car, get links, prices, and go over it again and again until you make sure you have everything.

Then start putting them in order of need (such as you need tires if you get rims) :P

And just slowing save up money and start knocking things off the list.
Definitely best advice, it's exactly what I did. Winter is coming very soon here in NY so I wanted a winter project. Decide what you want done to your vehicle, be it style, performance, etc. List them out and knock them down.

Just be sure to sit on your ideas for a little while. Some impulse ideas can eventually fade away into something you really don't want anymore. This way your money is put into more effective items that you truly do want.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:51 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

[QUOTE=Meph;5506387]Definitely best advice, it's exactly what I did. Winter is coming very soon here in NY so I wanted a winter project. Decide what you want done to your vehicle, be it style, performance, etc. List them out and knock them down.

Just be sure to sit on your ideas for a little while. Some impulse ideas can eventually fade away into something you really don't want anymore. This way your money is put into more effective items that you truly do want.[/QUOTE]

Amen! I have planned out 3 or 4 different looking mustangs, luckily I have made slow smart decisions, now I just need to make it look more unique. Looks too much like a basic GT right now.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
conor1148
2nd Gear Member

i see... hmm.. alright, ill probably be making a list and posting it up (in this thread if it stays alive) soon.